Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Test Equipment

Options
  • 22-11-2009 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hi,

Any one use any of the following:-
    Megger MIT230 Or Megger MIT400/410
    Fluke T5-1000
    Fluke 902 clamp on meter.

Only reason for asking is I'm looking to get some new equipment and this seems reasonable for what it does.

What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

never really used megger stuff but any fluke stuff ive ever used is top notch and worth every penny. all of our test equipment at work is fluke. never had any problems. t5 1000 is a great piece of kit. boss has lost his twice and still bought another one. they do everything u need on a daily basis. a multi meter/ clamp meter may be more suitable depending what u want to do with it or your line of work. fluke do a multimeter/clampmeter with a good range of functions. also the fluke 1652 is a very good all in one tester if you dont want seperate units. all tests done with the one unit and it comes with all the cables etc and a carry case

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eoghan.geraghty

I have the fluke 1652, can't recommend it highly enough.
    Best price was from butler tech in maynooth business park.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Bull76

Hi,

Thanks for your replies. Have had a good look around for Equipment and think I'll go with the Fluke 1507 Insulation tester, Alphatek Tek837 clamp meter. Have also considered the T5 1000 but with all the equipment I have at the moment the only benefit would be the size and weight and of course the 1000V range. Also the 100A forks. In between two minds on it really but will probably go with it.

Advertisement