Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dyson Upright Vacuum

Options
  • 22-11-2009 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

I am looking into getting a dyson ball vacuum, model DC24. Does anyone have one? Are they any good?

I have never used an upright vacuum before, as I thought would be awkard doing the stairs, the dyson website says this model is so small and light weight can be easily lift up each step on teh stairs 0 would this be correct?

The upright vacuums are easier to store than version I have, the ones you drag it around behind you like a sick dog.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I've a Dyson Animal upright - great machine. Better than any vacuum cleaner I've had so far! Just remember to keep the filter clean and it'll work grand. Things like dust from renovations, ash and fine sawdust tend to block the filter. A quick wash and and a day on a radiator will have it as good as new.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭DUBISAK

hanks crosstownk,

Do you find it akward vacuuming stairs with an upright?

That is the only thing putting me off buying one.

the "sick puppy one" I have now is handy for the stairs..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It is awkward on the stairs but mine came with all the attachments so I unclip the handle and an extendable flexible tube comes out to which the attachments fit. All the attachments clip to the machine so you don't have to go hunting for them. The only drawback is that there is no brake on the wheel so the unit tends to follow you around when you don't want it to.

Advertisement