Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When under Ether, RTE Saturday night

Options
  • 22-11-2009 3:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

I'm actually sitting here in shock. The great RTE itself has just aired probably the best show in it recent history, in relation of course to its normal drivel which is dominated by the over 35 set concerned with Children and their development or people decorating their home's. Or the ravings of comedians in their late 30's who are mildly funny but they don't quite hit the mark with people under the age of 29.
    However I should add that Mairead Farrell did surprise me this week on The Panel by suddenly developing a personality...fare play Mairead it was refreshing to hear you utter an opinion besides sitting there like a 'good girl' in fear you might be called a 'bitch', goodness, could you imagine anything worse? Thank you for opening your month, go you, I applaud you!

I've digressed, back to topic....When under Ether....honestly how did RTE let you get away with that one? Tapping into the inner physique of your target market and quite eye catching from the sky menu; a stork of genius.

A music show without the visual assault that Dave Fanning exudes, a man quite frankly whose more suited to Radio! To say I'm impressed would be an under statement.

Ah! this weeks T.V gives me hope that RTE might actually move with the times of the nation and air shows for all age groups, free from the bondages of (in the words of David Mitchell) political correctness gone mad.

Maybe all hope is not

"with O'Leary in the grave".

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Looks at post count.... :rolleyes:

293k97d.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 RomanticIreland

Could you expand further?

As the clever use of 'emo-con' does to some extent display your reaction to my post but I'm at a lost to understand whether it is directed at the content of the post or at the show?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Read the post again, you'll get it eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 RomanticIreland

well its eventually....my only conclusion is that you commenting on the lack of posts....now I should make my position clear I'm not pandering to the masses, I'm giving my opinion on a show I think is good. Whether or not people agree with me is up to them, whether they post or not I don't care however I most add the view count is rising so maybe some of those viewer might watch the show or at the least they are now aware of it, a win win for me!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

wow, every post of yours is defending an RTE show or Slamming a compeditors radio show...

• Advertisement
Advertisement