Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hino 336

Options
  • 22-11-2009 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Any old hino tractor unit left in the country ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Simow

we have two in the garage i work in. becoming rarer all the time. wouldnt pull ya out of bed though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Is the 336 the SH model with the 4 square headlights?

sh275a-20220.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 mosta

I saw a restored 336 on the autotrader last year, think he was lookin for 16,000 euro for it!!!!!!!!!!, Jennings had one converted to a tow truck, but i haven't seen it lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭powerfarmer

I think most of them have gone to the scrapyard in the sky, there used to be loads of them around here at one time all the co-ops used to have dozens of them. There was even a V8 engined one working around here at one stage (reputed to be one of only 2 in the country). a lot got exported , if the rust didnt get them first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭gogs2006

124 man wrote: »
    Any old hino tractor unit left in the country ?

2 Hino 336's were restored recently and visited shows in the summer.
    Jennings of Tullamore and Bentley Bros in Dublin(the one mosta mentioned)

I have seen a few in sheds and yards awaiting restoration and jennings have a 335 which maybe for sale but requires major work.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Here's a couple of pics of the 336's gogs mentions from the Fingal Show.

IMG_3439.jpg

IMG_3331.jpg

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭124 man

Takes me back those pics , cheers for that

I worked in a Hino garage for a few years but the only HE I ever worked on was a cattle truck. Now that I see these I am assuming it was a tractor unit stretched.

Why were they called 336's? I am doubting they had all that power..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

My Dad had a 336 and a 334 before that. I don't have pictures!:(

No idea why the 336 was so called but it certainly didn't have 336 horses.
    I remember someone telling me they had 240bhp when new.
    They were replaced by the SH26(260bhp) and SH28(280bhp).
    There was an SH working out of Dublin Port in the nineties with a V8 engine.
    I'm assuming this would be the same as the engine in the SJ450 Jennings owned.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭124 man

I can remember an 8 wheeler cattle lorry in tipp in the 80s , It was a HE ,pulled a trailer as well an impressive rig at the time

• Advertisement

The HE was running in Sligo pulling a drag up until about 4 years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 The Hog

i just bought myself a 1990 sh28 for restoring, my dad had a few of them years ago pulling bulk cement tanks out of athenry and limerick and i always wanted to get my hands on one as a project, any one have any ideas where i would get some parts for them?

Advertisement