Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon.co.uk VAT & Euro pricing

Options
  • 21-11-2009 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm planning to buy an espresso maker from Amazon's UK site, and tried to change the the currency converter setting to Euros, but the price still displays in Pounds.

I have some questions on the process:

- How do I see the final Euro price, with VAT?
    - Can I buy in Pounds if I'm not happy with Amazons conversion?
    -Has anyone tried buying similar sized items from Amazon, do they ship these to Ireland with Free Super Saver?

Cheers,
    tin

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

On the last page of the order there should be an option to ''pay in Euro'' or ''Pay in GBP''. This should show you the conversion.

I've been told to always pay in GBP as the CC company's conversion would be better. But tbh, I can't imagine a huge difference for it to really matter to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

I emailed Amazon about the euro price and they replied giving me a quote from www.xe.com how much the euro price would be.

DKZ wrote: »
    I emailed Amazon about the euro price and they replied giving me a quote from www.xe.com how much the euro price would be.

Maybe they use XE to work out their own on-site conversions then?

Is it possible that the price wouldn't change as its an electrical item and, as far as i am aware, the don't ship 'em to Ireland?

Also, not to drag this off topic, but seen as its a thread on Amazon and ireland, does anyone know if they'll ship external hard drives to us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭burgess1

Also, not to drag this off topic, but seen as its a thread on Amazon and ireland, does anyone know if they'll ship external hard drives to us?

I've ordered a USB memory stick from them before and had no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭tintar

>Is it possible that the price wouldn't change as its an electrical item and, as far as i am aware, the don't ship 'em to Ireland?

Amazon has started free delivery to Ireland for orders over 25 pounds. The T&C's mention large electrical items are excluded, which makes me wonder, I'll probably email them like DKZ did.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200355380

Cheers,
    tin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

On the last page of the order there should be an option to ''pay in Euro'' or ''Pay in GBP''. This should show you the conversion.

I've been told to always pay in GBP as the CC company's conversion would be better. But tbh, I can't imagine a huge difference for it to really matter to me.

Just to clarify.... to see how much you are being charged with the irish vat rate you have to go all the way to the last page.
    So if I enter\select my credit card details on the 2nd last step "Pay" and click to continue on to the last step "Confirm" i wont have bought the items yet and i will only buy the items by clicking a confirm option on the "Confirm" page?

Advertisement