Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snowboarding weekends?

Options
  • 21-11-2009 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Folks - anyone know of anywhere that I could book a snowboarding weekend (or at least a couple of days midweek)
    Trying to get an Xmas present - can only find 1 weeks breaks.
    Found a great deal, but going from UK.

If it was €300-€400 even better!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Sounds like you should do a DIY to get the best deal. Book flights, transfer and accommodation separately.

Is it for yourself or a present for someone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭I_luv_2_ski!

My auntie one year flew over to us for a few days mid week as she couldn't get a whole week off and it worked out quite well...just be careful cause some hotels wont take people for less then a week all though in this climate i don't see why they'd refuse!!! You can check charter flights but Ryanair fly to many places but may only be once a week!!! Have fun looking though...and enjoy!!!

gohop.ie and ebookers.com can be a good place to look for flights but best off booking directly with the company!!! :D

this just came to me: think aerlingus fly on tuesdays and saturdays so you could go out tues come back sat...3days boarding while there!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

If you can just get flights to Geneva from there you have access to a lot of resorts within two hours. They have a lot of shuttle buses which run to the major resorts during the winter.

In avoriaz you can also book rooms in some of the hotels for €35 per night during the low season

I'm a big fan of flying to Paris (always cheap flights midweek, and getting an overnight train to the Alps. You land on at around 8am at your resort, just time to eat and get kitted out before you hit the snow.

Lots of choice, and not expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 lorrfitz

Brilliant! Thanks a million for all the tips - its a present for someone else, but am going along myself!! :)

lorrfitz wrote: »
    its a present for someone else, but am going along myself!! :)

Sort of like my christmas present...my boyfriend is bringing me skiing for a week over christmas!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 lorrfitz

oh love it!! Where is he bringing you?! Maybe I can rob his destination!! hehe
    I was checking out flights to Paris - found em in Feb for 0.00!! Happy days

Were going to Mayhofren for a week from the 19th to the 26th of December!!! We got a cheep package deal with Chrystal!!! Cant wait!!! :D:D:D

lorrfitz wrote: »
    oh love it!! Where is he bringing you?! Maybe I can rob his destination!! hehe
    I was checking out flights to Paris - found em in Feb for 0.00!! Happy days

Try Les Arcs. You can get an overnight train direct to Bourg St Maurice, which is right at the bottom of the Les Arcs ski system. You can literally walk to the end of the train platform and get on the Funi.

Great big ski system, with plenty for everyone, including some killer bump runs.

If I'm doing Les Arcs for a couple of days, I often say in Seez, the next village up. Much cheaper hotels, and a free ski navette takes you from the door of your hotel to the gate of the funi.

• Advertisement
Advertisement