Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiling Quotation - thoughts / comments appreciated

Options
  • 21-11-2009 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭

Kitchen Floor
    50sq yards of 60x60 Real Marfil @ 19.99 sq yd 999.5
    Utility Floor
    14 sq yd of 12x12 cream floor tile @9.99 sq yd 139.86
    Hallway
    26 sq yd of 60x60 real marfil @ 19.99 sq yd 519.74
    Lounge/Playroom
    43 sq yd of 6” multiply orient oak @ 29.99 sq yd 1289.57
    Sitting Room
    49 sq yd of 6” multiply orient oak @ 29.99 sq yd 1469.51
    Study
    9sq yd of Arizona Oak 7mm Laminate @ 14 sq yd126
    Downstairs Bathroom
    5 sq yd of 60x60 red marfil @ 19.99 sq yd 99.95
    Bedrooms + Corridor
    88 sq yd of 7mm oak laminate @ 14sq yd 1232
    Main Bathroom
    38 sq yd of Real Marfil @ 19.99sq yd 759.62
    24 sq yd of 60x30 Real Marfil @ 19.99sq yd 479.76
    8 sheets of mosaic @ 20 a sheet 160
    7 tile trims @ 10 each 70
    En Suites x 2
    19 sq yds of wall tiles @ 9.99 sq yd 189.81
    5 sq yd of floor tiles 49.95
    5 sheets of mosaic 100

Adhesives, grout and silicone

55 x 20kg Adhesive wall and floor (flexi-adhesive) @ 25ea 1375
    9 x 10kg of grout @ 25 ea 225
    6 tubes of silicone 60

205 sq yd of labour @ 15 sq yd 3075

Total - 12, 760

we haven't got any other quotes yet, but i would be interested to here reaction and views on this quote. Supply and tiling by the one firm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

The prices look fine and the labour looks fine. If in doubt why not get 2 more quotes. Its always hard to discuss tile prices without seeing the tile. For example Right price tile in my opinion is cheap but it can be hit and miss. Some stuff is good some is bad. It can be said that once the end user is happy with the tiles it does not matter. True! But ask a professional tiler to lay bowed porcel in a brick effect and it will make the tiler look like an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

6 tubes of silicone 60 euros. thats expensive.
    i bought 20kg bags of evo stik flexi adhesive for 16 euros.
    it should be cheaper for bulk orders.
    tile trims at 10 euros each are a rip off.
    rite price tiles is known for charging very high prices for adhesive grout trims etc.
    you should get a few more quotes?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

mossfort wrote: »
    6 tubes of silicone 60 euros. thats expensive.
    i bought 20kg bags of evo stik flexi adhesive for 16 euros.
    it should be cheaper for bulk orders.
    tile trims at 10 euros each are a rip off.
    rite price tiles is known for charging very high prices for adhesive grout trims etc.
    you should get a few more quotes?

I agree but on a grand scale if he was to go somewhere else for the adhesives and grount and the tiles come away it would be hard to prove any case against the supplier if he does not use his materials.

Silicone trade is about 5 Euro a tube/Tile trims anywhere from 2 -5 euro. The rest is not really worth discussing. I thought. I notice there is no primer but then again....

I agreed on the few other quotes. No better way to good business than competitive business.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

I agree but on a grand scale if he was to go somewhere else for the adhesives and grount and the tiles come away it would be hard to prove any case against the supplier if he does not use his materials.

Silicone trade is about 5 Euro a tube/Tile trims anywhere from 2 -5 euro. The rest is not really worth discussing. I thought. I notice there is no primer but then again....

I agreed on the few other quotes. No better way to good business than competitive business.

yes i agree with you you should buy your tiles and adhesive in the same place but you should not have to pay too much for it.
    the evo stik adhesive i bought for 16 euros a bag was from rocca tiles in galway and they supplied the tiles as well.
    for say 55 bags thats a saving of 495 euros.
    so it all ads up.

Advertisement