Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any good deals in new landcruisers at the moment?

Options
  • 21-11-2009 1:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭

any good deals for new landcruiser commercials at the minute?

have toyota reduced the prices recently?

or is it worth waiting for the new model

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

Def wait

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Toyota will be doing good deals on the outgoing model. I doubt they'll offer the new one as a commercial till the old shape are gone, and even at that I doubt they'll import big numbers only to make little money on them.

There are dealers out there willing to lose money on stock, just ring around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Honda08

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Toyota will be doing good deals on the outgoing model. I doubt they'll offer the new one as a commercial till the old shape are gone, and even at that I doubt they'll import big numbers only to make little money on them.

There are dealers out there willing to lose money on stock, just ring around.

rang around a few, but they still have their heads in the clouds.

after all there is a new model soon , so the old model prices should reflect this.

what do you think a new manual GX lwb cruiser could be bought at inc vat? in the current climate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

They were going for €32K including metallic and towbar back in March/April anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭DanFindy

24k plus vat in Kellys in Donegal i heard someone say recently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭iron man

yea. i was on to kellys today. very competitive prices. im undecided at the moment. the vat is what screws me as i dont have a VAT number. i heard that they bought about 50 of them a month ago and they have been advertising in the farmers journal as well. there are some left. what bugs me is that i think that can be got cheaper. the new one coming next month has a price tag of around 34K. is there anyone up the north offering a good deal?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Honda08

iron man wrote: »
    yea. i was on to kellys today. very competitive prices. im undecided at the moment. the vat is what screws me as i dont have a VAT number. i heard that they bought about 50 of them a month ago and they have been advertising in the farmers journal as well. there are some left. what bugs me is that i think that can be got cheaper. the new one coming next month has a price tag of around 34K. is there anyone up the north offering a good deal?????

i was quoted €28250 for a NEW lwb landcruiser , with metallic and towbar. inc vat.

it was for the GX spec. i was surprised that it doesent have air conditioning?

the dealer also told me the new landcruiser wont be out until June .. is this correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭iron man

well well well. i was quoated 29K for one. Vat included. Cash deal no finance or trade in. no messin. the exact same spec. and i was told that the new landcruiser will be in letterkenny in march. i was looking on the net and i can see serious value on these jeeps closer to easter. these guys are landed with these jeeps and they are ****ting themselves. they are bluffing about the new ones. the new ones are coming alright but not till they get rid of these ones. the longer they have the old ones the more the price will come down. im going to call again in a week or 2 and see what they say. keep me posted on how you get on.

im bulling now on the price you were quoated. there is bound to be others doing the same deal or better. i find that the internet has them overproced as well. if you call the garage they are cheaper... defo

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭docmartin

iron man wrote: »
    these guys are landed with these jeeps and they are ****ting themselves.
    Lads in all fairness i don't think kellys are planking themselves about these jeeps, afterall, they do have 25 names confirmed for new year sales on these jeeps. Terrific value now to be fair!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭aravan

Honda08 wrote: »
    i was quoted €28250 for a NEW lwb landcruiser , with metallic and towbar. inc vat.

it was for the GX spec. i was surprised that it doesent have air conditioning?

the dealer also told me the new landcruiser wont be out until June .. is this correct?

http://simonkavanagh.webzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=200947195945592

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I have a new one (current model) comming in the first week in Jan. Between €28.5 and €30k were the prices I was quoted from various dealers for the LWB GX.

One dealer told me the new model won't be brought into Ireland in any great numbers until the current stock is cleared, probably early to mid summer. They'll be listed ~€40k but will sell for ~€38 but not lower.

He said stock of the current model (commercial) is around ~620 vehicles.
    ~170 in dealer stock and ~450 in Dublin. I presume he means the distributor.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭fiatagri8090

Currently have a 08 SWB.

Got prices for new model LWB. Was asked for 21k along with my own jeep, Absolutely outrageous. One dealer only valued my own at 17k.

What would one expect to be paying for the current model LWB along with this trade in????

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

would you not be as well to hold onto it for another while if its just a year old?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the new model is only going to be offered in Automatic gearbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

hiscan wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the new model is only going to be offered in Automatic gearbox.

Correct, initially at least. Nothin wrong with that though. No SWB either I think.

Advertisement