Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband - Fixed Wireless - Tulip Hotel Mast - Swords

Options
  • 20-11-2009 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

I received a phone call this evening from Irish Broadband Technical Support,

There is wireless interference somewhere in the area causing most of the users on the tulip hotel to be experiencing extreme packet-loss and retransmissions.

What annoys me is that I've been a customer for 2 month's and loved the service up until the last week or so. After a bit of confrontation they told me it can take anywhere between 1 week to 3 months to find the wireless interference. So then made a deal with them, I'm going to get back my installation charge and cancel my contract.

But herein lies my problem, I NEED a 2MB upload line and IBB were I think my only option. So now I have to ether keep Internet that randomly decides to work or not work, or do without internet.

I prefer fixed wireless connections, my last one was airwire when I lived in Galway. Ice Broadband is meant to be horrific, so do I have any options?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Sure they could be causing the interference themselves since their wimax only went live on that mast 2 weeks back :)

Is it Breezemax gear you have ?? If so tell them to fix their problem . :D

2mbits up is possible with Digiweb Metro but would cost more .

Advertisement