Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moisture Barriers!

Options
  • 20-11-2009 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hey I was wondering if anyone knows how high up your external walls a DPC should be installed in light of current weather!

Would a moisture barrier be a good idea for when i'm planning my budget???

Also whats the story with floating floors and moisture these days.....Was planning my percolation test this week but might cancel it now!!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,118 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Hey I was wondering if anyone knows how high up your external walls a DPC should be installed in light of current weather! Would a moisture barrier be a good idea for when i'm planning my budget??? Also whats the story with floating floors and moisture these days.....Was planning my percolation test this week but might cancel it now!!!

are you talking about a block cavity wall??

dpcs are located generally at ground floor level, 150mm above path, over openings and at jambs...

the theroy is that moisture WILL eneter the outer leaf, but it will drain down the cavity and out through weep holes.. i dont see how 'higher up' dpcs would be of any benefit...

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭liamolaighin

I have to apologise for not making it clear I was being sarcastic! Just tryin to have a bit of fun at the weathers expense....

Advertisement