Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snowboarding DVDs 2010

Options
  • 20-11-2009 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hey all,

So, anyone got any recommendations from this season's snowboarding DVDs? Any opnions on The B, or Neverland?

Or DVDs from any year to be honest, doesn't have to be new - from last season have That's It That's All already (I know that will be recommended!) and It's Always Snowing SomeWhere.

If anyone could recommend anything like 91 Words for Snow or In Short in particular I'd appreciate it - they are my favourite films, as much about the trips and the adventure as the boarding and not just endless tricks and jumps (like Absinthe's Aesthetica, really didn't enjoy that at all).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭prunudo

Thats it Thats all is a great film, Double Decade is also a good one from last year. DD has a good sound track.

Think i'll get Neverland this year, seems good from the clips i've watched on youtube but havent heard any reviews. Haven't really come across anything else that stands out yet this year. Although haven't been looking too hard tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Rhymenocerous

The B is a bit disappointing to be honest, which is a shame, 'cos It's Always Snowing was great last year. Probably not worth buying. The end section is pretty fun, but the rest is a let down.

Neverland is good, and worth watching. Gigi's part is amazing, and the Yes crew tear it up so much at the start. Travis Rice's part has great riding, but the choice of music for his section is a bit odd. After a couple of watches, I'd definatly recommend neverland.

From last season, the only other films I'd really recommend are Pirate Movie Productions Overseas, Mack Dawgs Double Decade, and maybe Standard Films Aesthetica.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭granty1987

We hosted the irish premier of Forever Forum a month or so ago which was really cool! it wasnt as good as Forum or Against'em but is still worth a look

I really want to get Outdoor Graduation by Voleurz and Let's Go Get Lost by Isenseven - both trailers look really good, im really into a mixture of riding and skiing with good inovative editing and they deliver!

Also for anyone that doesnt know them, have a look at Knife Show inc - those guys are unbelievable at editing footage and they have a load of short vids!
    http://www.knifeshowinc.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭paulharte

Forum forever is good, some next level stuff, but I wasn't too in love with the soundtrack

I've also seen Neverland and Videograss.

But my fave vid so far is "This Video Sucks" by the Stepchild crew.... and the best thing is its available as free download
    http://www.vimeo.com/6944177

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

The new one from Factor films, They Came From... is really good. Great style to it. I'll have to second the new Isenseven one aswell, dying to get my hands on it. Their one from last year, Teenage Love Graffiti, had some of the best editing I've seen in a snowboard video yet.

Another fave of mine is Pony Tale. Some brilliant stuff in that and it's free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭paulharte

rgt320q wrote: »
    The new one from Factor films, They Came From... is really good. Great style to it. I'll have to second the new Isenseven one aswell, dying to get my hands on it. Their one from last year, Teenage Love Graffiti, had some of the best editing I've seen in a snowboard video yet.

Another fave of mine is Pony Tale. Some brilliant stuff in that and it's free.

A man after my own heart, I forgot to mention "they came from....". Seriously next level stuff

Does anybody know off hand if they have Neverland or They came from in Snow n Rock in Dundrum? Was thinking of going in this weekend

Not sure about Neverland, but They Came From... is free with the latest issue of Onboard magazine (issue 110 I think it is).

rgt320q wrote: »
    Not sure about Neverland, but They Came From... is free with the latest issue of Onboard magazine (issue 110 I think it is).

Cheers for that, is there anywhere around Dublin where you can buy Onboard, I havent renewed my sub. this year.

Looking to get my hands on it aswell. Easons in Tallaght aren't stocking it anymore and I couldn't find it in the one on O'Connell St. either, so not too sure myself now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭rf1980

Was looking for that DVD aswell and could not get it. The ones they had in Snow and Rock in Dundrum were not so good. There is lots on Vimeo so maybe download and burn to a DVD.

I had problems trying to get my hands in Isenseven's Lets go get lost DVD and had to order from a place in France €24.
    Some fairly good ones:
    Out of it!
    Pony Tale

The podcast at http://shralp.com/ usually has some very good details of recent DVDs. Agree though it's tough to get your hands on them in ireland.

Advertisement