Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths resit and CAO application

Options
  • 20-11-2009 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Quick question here. I want to go back to University, having previously dropped out in first year. I would like to go back to study Science, but my LC maths results aren't good enough and I'm not yet a mature student.

The question is, if I apply to colleges now/by February with my CAO number and then sit the maths exam afterwards, would the universities wait to receive my new maths results or, seeing as I already have maths results from 2007, would they automatically look at those results.

Surely I don't have to wait until 2011 to apply to go to University?

Apologies if I seem slack asking on here rather than finding the information myself, the last few weeks have been full of non stop searching online to come to this decision and I was hoping that someone on here may have gone through this before and/or could offer some advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Make it known to them on your application that you're sitting Maths again. Have results as 'Pending'.

If your Maths teacher can give you a reference that would be good too. Having someone say you have the ability to do well in the subject is a good back up to have.

A lot of mature students will have results pending when they apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭StevoTG

Thanks Larianne. I've got a bit of a problem in that I'm in Australia until the end of January so I may be making my application from overseas and won't be working with a maths teacher until afterwards. But thanks for the advice :) I'll get in touch with the State Examnations Commission and CAO folks on Monday.

Advertisement