Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL

Options
  • 19-11-2009 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

Whats the story here, i want to get eircoms 7mb broadband..
    I do the line check it says unable or somethin.. someone said i have to get the line DSL enabled.. is this true or can i just not get landline broadband? sorry for lack of knowledge, its just 3's mobile broadband is seriously, seriously pissin me off.. want to do some online gamin too

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭neil_purdy

DSL is land line broadband.. Its transmitted over your telephone line..

Did you do the phone number test on their site.. usually tells if the line is good enough.. But ring their CS anyway.. Sure they will have more information on their availability!

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Dannyboi3k

yes done the test on site, it failed..
    what are the other options for high speed BB if this doesnt work..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Where abouts are you? Options could be cable or fixed wireless.

wexford.. five miles outside of new ross.. what would be the max speed i could get with cable and fixed wireless? also can you recommend anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭lynchie

Dannyboi3k wrote: »
    wexford.. five miles outside of new ross.. what would be the max speed i could get with cable and fixed wireless? also can you recommend anyone?

DSL has a max distance of about 18K feet or roughly 5KM. Looks like you may be too far from the exchange to get DSL on your line. Suggest you get some of your neighbour's to see if their lines past before ruling out distance as an issue.

• Advertisement

no my neighbors can get eircom ...

Advertisement