Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do Irish Broadband consider unlimited?

Options
  • 19-11-2009 6:40pm

Hey all,

took a mooch around Irish Broadband and Imagine's sites, but can't seem to find an answer.

I have 'unlimited' traffic with them, but I've recently lost a lot of data when a hard drive died on me (may it rest in peace!) and I have located it all again, and would like to get it all again.

Thing is, I'm looking at about 400GB of stuff here. Now, considering the speed of my interwebs, i reckon i could get the 400GB back in a month. However, I don't want to get 400GB in a month, if Irish Broadband are just gonna ring me and start giving out and moaning at me.

So I was just wondering if anyone would happen to know what their download limit actually is?

I've remember reading on here before that some other ISP (whom I cant remember the name of) had an unlimited service, but they actually enforced a 250GB per month limit, so I'm assuming IBB/Imagine have an invisible limit, too.

Cheers to anyone able to offer any insight here. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Download it all, and when you hit the limit they'll tell you. They can't charge you, because it's an unlimited package with an unpublished fair use limit. You're just finding out what that is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

There are only 10 more days this month so aim to hit 150gb by then and see what they tells ya :)

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    There are only 10 more days this month so aim to hit 150gb by then and see what they tells ya :)

Well.. I've actually already got about 230GB of it, so...

Another question I'd like to ask is, in the event of me breaking their invisible barrier, wil they punish me for doing so? Slower internet speeds or anything like that? :confused:

I'm just pretty happy with the service i get off them, and don't want to risk f#cking it up, you know :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

well if you hold off for 10 days and they say nothing by the 5th of dec then finish the job .

as long as you are not battering it 30 days a month you have some leverage with them

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

Are you on a Breeze? if so it actually seems to be unlimited, me and my old housemate Transfered over 250GB in a week a year or two back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

I've remember reading on here before that some other ISP (whom I cant remember the name of) had an unlimited service, but they actually enforced a 250GB per month limit, so I'm assuming IBB/Imagine have an invisible limit, too.

That might have been Smart. They had "unlimited" till recently when unlimited became 170Gb per month.

Advertisement