Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Chorus Broadband

Options
  • 19-11-2009 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Basically, I'm with BT Broadband currently, and I'm on a 3mb package, they won't offer me a 24mb connection as the speed in my area is good enough, same is to be said about the highspeed NTL connection, I want the 20mb NTL connection but it's not available in my area.

Is there any way to judge when it will be available in my area, or will it ever?
    It says I'm eligible for Digital Television and Digital+ Only

I live In Killiney, Co Dublin,

Cheers,

Kevin.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

UPC have never released any of their plans for broadband, or even TV, availability. I doubt they ever will. So basically no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

jor el wrote: »
    UPC have never released any of their plans for broadband, or even TV, availability. I doubt they ever will. So basically no.

mm, okay.

What about my exchange? is there any date to when that will be upgraded because I can only get max of like 3mb broadband with it, that's why I was hoping for UPC as it's doesn't use the phoneline,

cheers,

Kevin.

All exchange upgrades were finished 2 years ago. If 3Mbps is all you can get, then that's not going to change unless you can get LLU from Smart, Bagnet or BT, or if (big IF) eircom ever upgrade to ADSL2+, or better. Not likely to be any time soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

A upgrade plan for 2009 was released see the link below. Most of what was planned should be completed by the end of the year bar a few trouble spot.
    If you look at the map Killiney/Ballybrack is the 4th area up from he bottom right. Depending where you live in Killiney it could be down for completion by the end of the year.

Link

All exchange upgrades were finished 2 years ago. If 3Mbps is all you can get, then that's not going to change unless you can get LLU from Smart, Bagnet or BT, or if (big IF) eircom ever upgrade to ADSL2+, or better. Not likely to be any time soon.

What do you mean by a LLU? and I'm currently with BT Ireland.
    DingDong wrote: »
    A upgrade plan for 2009 was released see the link below. Most of what was planned should be completed by the end of the year bar a few trouble spot.
    If you look at the map Killiney/Ballybrack is the 4th area up from he bottom right. Depending where you live in Killiney it could be down for completion by the end of the year.

Link

I'm very bad with maps, lol. Is the Area near Killiney Hill/Fitzpatricks Castle shaded?

cheers,

Kevin

• Advertisement

Kevin! wrote: »

I'm very bad with maps, lol. Is the Area near Killiney Hill/Fitzpatricks Castle shaded?

cheers,

Kevin

I have to say no unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tomconway

I have to say no unfortunately
    upc are as we speak in the areas conducting the upgrade well KN there contractor is so it will not be long till completion.

Not as far out as Killiney Hill/Fitzpatricks Castle if my memory serves me right it stops around Ballinclea heights.

Local Loop Unbundling. BT offer this on about 15 exchanges, Smart and Magnet on more. It's when they use their own equipment in the exchange, so you're not just buying re-sold eircom broadband anymore.

Not as far out as Killiney Hill/Fitzpatricks Castle if my memory serves me right it stops around Ballinclea heights.
    ill check tommorow and let yaul know

• Advertisement

Local Loop Unbundling. BT offer this on about 15 exchanges, Smart and Magnet on more. It's when they use their own equipment in the exchange, so you're not just buying re-sold eircom broadband anymore.

When I went onto 3mb broadband with BT, they said it was the most I could get, do I have to enquire separately about LLU? or do they offer it to you and does it cost any extra?

I rang magnet yday and they said they can't service my area with more than 3mb either
    tomconway wrote: »
    ill check tommorow and let yaul know

cheers tom :)

When I went onto 3mb broadband with BT, they said it was the most I could get, do I have to enquire separately about LLU? or do they offer it to you and does it cost any extra?

I don't think you can get anything from BT anymore, since they've sold their customer base to Vodafone. If it was available, they would have offered it. So take it that it's not.

I don't think you can get anything from BT anymore, since they've sold their customer base to Vodafone. If it was available, they would have offered it. So take it that it's not.

kevin what road do you live on. kiliney hill rd is not on the new upgraded network but i dont know exactly were u are just road name will do
    and i will check it for you. The area is being upgraded but some areas are incomplete. let me know and i will have a difinitive answer monday.

kevin what road do you live on. kiliney hill rd is not on the new upgraded network but i dont know exactly were u are just road name will do
    and i will check it for you. The area is being upgraded but some areas are incomplete. let me know and i will have a difinitive answer monday.

I live in Wyvern, Killiney does it stretch as far as there?

is that a road or an estate.
    rgs tom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Anybody actually know UPC's upgrade plans?

Seems weird they don't announce the areas they will soon have service like many other providers.

Even if they don't you'd imagine their staff would let it out on here.

Can't be that secretive an organisation :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Vk90210

Anybody know about Bayview Estate at the bottom of Killiney Hill Rd and whether you can get the UPC broadband here.

is that a road or an estate.
    rgs tom

It's an estate,

cheers,

Kevin.

Hi there
    sorry for delay next year till u get sorted
    UPC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Hi there
    sorry for delay next year till u get sorted
    UPC

Can you tell me when Kingsbury Maynooth is expected to be upgraded?

Like in months? Was told it was being upgraded over the phone at the moment, don't know if thats true.

• Advertisement
Advertisement