Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

student loan question

Options
  • 19-11-2009 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi can anyone tell me is possible to get a top up on a student loan from AIB, im about year into it and have missed a couple of payments so I know the chances of getting one are slim to none but I would like to know if it was even a possibility before contacting them, any help would be much appreciated.:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

Considering that you are a year into a loan which you've already missed some payments on, its very very doubtful that you will get another one or an extension on the one you have.

If its a case of inability to pay you might be able to get them to freeze the payments or interest until you can start making payments again, but they are not going to loan you money to pay the payments on the loan you already have, it makes no sense to the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Yes it is possible to get a top up on a student account, but with you missing a couple of payments and with stricter lending I would say chances are it would be very unlikely for them to lend you more money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jeff13

Thanks very much for the info, much appreciated:D

Advertisement