Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photography courses

Options
  • 19-11-2009 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I live in Trim, Co. Meath and I love photography! At the moment I have a Panasonic Lumix TZ5 but hope to invest in a DSLR soon (when I add up all the coins);)
    I would love to do a photography course, either day or evening as I'm not working at the moment.. Any info, greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SusieQue

Ooops.. Sorry. I'm new to this. Not sure what I'm at. Sorry about that :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

There have been threads on this before, if you go to http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=27 and look to the right of the blue bars you'll see "Search this forum", clck that and search for course, you should find something of interest.

Welcome to the forum and good luck in your learning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭dan759

Theres a one year Photography PLC in O fiaich in Dundalk. It starts in september each year tho.. And im not sure if your looking for something sooner! :p

Its a great course too, I'd definitely reccommend it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Just sent you a text Susie.

Thanks everyone for all your help.. and patience!
    :)

• Advertisement

Valentia wrote: »
    Just sent you a text Susie.

Thanks Danny... Chat to you soon :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

If looking for a focussed course (pardon the pun) then try checking the Institute of Photography - Dave occasionally posts here.

Peter Cox who also posts here from time to time does great landscape workshops which you could check into if that were your thing.

Watch out for photo meetups on the expeditions forum. Generally a bit of fun and easy going. Rumour has it (but it is only a rumour) that there may be a Meath one in the new year..... hmmmnnnnnn........

Also, keep an eye on the forum - there is a possibility (reasonably strong) of a 'share the knowledge' event in the new year also.

So, lots of options for you to have a think about.

Thank you soooo much for all your help & suggestions :D
    Just new to this site today so still finding my way around it :confused:
    One of the lads on Pix.ie suggested it! Everyone is so helpful, its great!!
    I'l keep checkin here anyway.. Thanks again :)

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    If looking for a focussed course (pardon the pun) then try checking the Institute of Photography - Dave occasionally posts here.

I had actually been looking at this site earlier today so its good to know someone would recommend it.
    Thanks again from one Royal County person to another :-)

Advertisement