Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good price or not?

Options
  • 19-11-2009 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭

I've always wanted to give DJ'ing a go, so I am thinking about buying a pair of cdj 200's for around €450. Is that good value or am I paying over the odds for second hand decks? They are in good condition aswell.

Also if things don't work out what is the potential resale value for a decent set of decks like 200's?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

sweetie wrote: »
    seems good to me!
    Cheers for that, couldn't find a link with a price. Will go for it so If i know the resale value is good if it goes belly up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Also if things don't work out what is the potential resale value for a decent set of decks like 200's?

You're pretty safe with Pioneers resale wise as long as you look after them properly; they certainly hold their value better than any other make of CD deck.
    ;)

You're pretty safe with Pioneers resale wise as long as you look after them properly; they certainly hold their value better than any other make of CD deck.
    ;)
    Not a definite on the price yet but hope to get them for that much. Don't mind starting off with them if I know I can sell them on after for a decent price.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

or ye could always go digital but that's another thread in it's own right!

• Advertisement

sweetie wrote: »
    or ye could always go digital but that's another thread in it's own right!
    Digital?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Instead of buying a set of CDJ's and a mixer, and having to use CD's - if you have got a laptop already you can get a Controller and use Software to control mp3's.

There are loads of threads about it - search for "Traktor" or "Controller" etc

Zascar wrote: »
    Instead of buying a set of CDJ's and a mixer, and having to use CD's - if you have got a laptop already you can get a Controller and use Software to control mp3's.

There are loads of threads about it - search for "Traktor" or "Controller" etc
    Well I have virtual Dj but tbh I don't like messing about with it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Stick with the CDJ's then - you won't go far wrong with 400's

Have you chosen a mixer yet?

Zascar wrote: »
    Stick with the CDJ's then - you won't go far wrong with 400's

Have you chosen a mixer yet?
    I have my eye on one, its part of a set.
    Why?

• Advertisement

Just won the Decks on ebay, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320448319580&autorefresh=true

Less than €450 before packaging and hoping to win the mixer now aswell. Good deal?

Advertisement