Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Broadband Data Limit??

Options
  • 19-11-2009 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Hey tried to find info on this but the only thread I found was 2005 so things may have changed since then...

Is there a limit to what you can download if you have NTL broadband?

I have a torrent thats hooking me up with a file I want but it's 54GB so I don't want to get stung. I've never downloaded anything of this size before and it will probably take a couple of weeks....

I'm on my college wifi 8 hours a day but it utorrent cant seem to download on that...

Anyknow know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

im pretty sure all their packages are unlimited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

They are unlimited but a Fair Usage Policy (FUP) applies. Exactly what that FUP entails is anyones guess as like with most FUP's they are ambigious to say the least. Don't be surprised if your torrent gets throttled either, especially one of that size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

250GB is the fair use limit on all packages, though if you're not on the top one, they'll ask you to move up if you're using a lot every month.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

ya even on the top one they ask you to move up to one they dont publicise. load of horse sh1t to be honest.

granted i was clocked at 300Gb up and down last month.. you get one warning i think then they either disconnect you or get you to pay even more.

54gb wont be a problem really if your on the 20mb line. on the 10mb line you have a cap of 20gb per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

nialo wrote: »
    ya even on the top one they ask you to move up to one they dont publicise. load of horse sh1t to be honest.

granted i was clocked at 300Gb up and down last month.. you get one warning i think then they either disconnect you or get you to pay even more.

54gb wont be a problem really if your on the 20mb line. on the 10mb line you have a cap of 20gb per month.

The 10MB is unlimited also though the Fair Usage Policy is 250GB. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

ah ok. just checked the site. has that always been like that. when i signed up im almost certain the 20mb was the only one that was unlimited.

Advertisement