Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Furniture repair

Options
  • 19-11-2009 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

Greetings all,

I'm renting a house with some friends and I was watching a movie on my computer (sitting at the top of my bed) and all of a sudden the top right corner of the bed frame has come apart. The corners are held together with metal L shaped plates with a few bolts but the wooden frame where the bolts are attached seems to have... disintegrated with the bolts coming down through the head board. It's been here since we moved in and I don't know if it's the bed or me (I weigh about 12 stone but my house mate weighs 14 stone and he's sat at the end of the bed's corner without any ill effects so I strongly doubt it's my weight).

The bed is a nice looking double bed but it's one of those beds that looks nice and sturdy but it's about as sturdy a twig.

The bed's frame is essentially four sections, a chunk of wood that links the centre at the bottom to the top of the bed with three small load bearing stands and then there are these soft wooden wooden planks (about an inch and a half wide and half the bed long, almost like the back of a rib cage).

The landlord... he's a prick. I won't lie and I know he's going to withhold the security deposit even though we all know he's not a registered landlord (Did not provide rent books or anything like that) even if the costs to repair or replace the bed won't come close to a month's rent.

I'd like to repair the bed if possible and I was thinking if I'd be able to use epoxy or something along those lines.

Anyone have any good suggestions or tips on what I can do?

Advertisement