Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCA F5 Performance Management - Exam December 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Beaulieu

Hi there -I reckon you should focus on:

-ABC
    -Lifecycle Costing
    -Backflush Acounting part Q
    -Transfer Pricing (*)
    -Not-for-profit Orgs (esp Charity) (*)
    -Planning & Operational Var (maybe with a labour focus) (*)
    -LP

THe last few tech articles on the official website have been on these(*).

Look at the Pilot paper as this is the Examiner's last paper & he's likely to revert to type.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Roger.Ramjet

Many thanks for the tips!

Was also looking at the BBP website and they have given the following tips for Perf Mgt:

F5
    * Performance Management (possibly with transfer pricing)
    * Budgeting including objectives and behavioural aspects
    * ABC
    * Pricing
    * Variances including planning & operating variances

Think these are for the UK exam, but think that they may also be relevant for the Irish variant - though not 100% sure....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭dhorgan3

Hi roger,

I am pretty sure there is no specific variant for this exam...

F5 exam is the same exam for all countries

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Beaulieu

Roger - what came up? Were tips of any use??

• Advertisement

Beaulieu wrote: »
    Roger - what came up? Were tips of any use??

From what I recall, this is what came up.....
    Q 1 - Standard Variance (4 Marks)/ Operational & planning variances (12 marks) with analysis & comment (credit cards I think)
    Q 2 - Target costing - majority marks on cost of nth unit(s) using learning curve with couple marks on how to reduce cost gap
    Q 3 - Financial performance of Theme park - 12 marks on how well they were doing when looking at financial indicators only (as compared to their stated objectives) with 8 marks on analysis risks & quality/safety (I think) as they were not investing in new rides, repairing existing rides, queuing times increase, decrease in customers etc. - essentially achieving short term objectives (3 years) to the detriment of long term health.
    Q 4 - Forecasting - local gov waste disposal - high low method (4 marks)/ Regression analysis (12 marks) - throw in a little inflation and add a pinch of
    seasonal variance for answer / with 4 marks or so on adv & disadv of Incremental Budgeting for local gov authority
    Q 5 - washing machines / tumble driers / dish washers - continue to make tumble drier for next year or not (incremental costs / revenue) or wait until new washing machine with combined tumble drier. Some marks on pricing strategy for existing products & about 3 or 4 marks on outsourcing.

The above may not be completely correct but is what I recall and thought that the Qs were about... not exactly super confident about passing as only did 3 okish questions (Q1, 2 & 3) and 2 rubbish Qs (4 & 5)... as regards tips I think would be better off putting all topics in a hat and picking out randomly and concentrating on those!!! It doesn’t appear that it is in any way predictable......

Advertisement