Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I dont know what to do!

Options
  • 18-11-2009 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I have just found out that I am 5 weeks pregnant. The father is a friend who I've known over three years and nothing have ever happened between us till now. It was one night and I was on the pill and got the MAP from my doctor. He is normally a bit of a "player" and I never intended for this to happen.
    In the past couple of months I have been back in contact with an ex of mine from about two years ago. He works abroad and I went over to see him at the start of this month (not knowing I was pregnant). We decided to give it a go.
    Now I'm pregnant I don't know what to do. I havent told anyone yet and very scared of both guys responses. I could loose my ex. Afraid I'll end up alone.
    (Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place didn't know where else to put this.)

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I don't know what to say but didn't want to read and not respond.

Maybe positive options could be of help?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I've had two unplanned pregnancies so I know how you must be feeling.

All I can advise you to do at this stage is try and put everyone else out of your head for the moment and think about what you want. You can't make a decision one way or another until you are able to block these two guys out and just think of you.

With my last pregnancy I made a decision based on what I thought was right for the other person rather than myself and ended up regretting it.

As DK says Positive Options are great but they cant tell you what to do...only you can do that but they are great to talk to just to get your head around it.

Just take your time and think about it before you decide to tell the father or your ex. You need to be clear in your own head what is right for you before you tell either of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 suzie_q

Thank you both for your reply. The thing is I'm 26 at the moment and working in an ok job. I really want to have this baby and kinda feel excited by it. My father died when I was quiet young so know how hard it is to have a child. I really wanted to have a family someday but under better conditions. Just the thoughts of being on my own is what scares me. Also I dont want to any one to feel like ive "trapped them" as the saying goes but dont think I am strong enough to do it on my own. Also know myself what it is like to grow up without a father figure and I'd never what that for my own child.
    Suppose I just have to bite the bullet and tell him. I think Ill call positive options also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭bumpintraining

Hi my only advice would be to do whatever you feel is right for you. Unfortunetley no-one can tell you what to do. Try and tell the possible father as soon as possible, you never know the reaction could be positive. Good luck with whatever choice you make and I hope it works out for you either way:D

Advertisement