Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heat Recovery...Again!!

Options
  • 18-11-2009 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi All,

Thanks to all of you who replied to my previous post regarding HRV. i'm still undecided on what system to go for, i have 5 quotes , all offering the same thing, some with 2 units and some with only 1. HELP!! is there anything i should be looking for , something that might make this decision easier?! Price wise they are all roughly the same, give or take a few hundred euro. i would rather only have 1 unit (cost of running 2 would be more!) but obviously want the system to work as it should. some of the companys quoting for 2 say that its because the building is big (3400ft) which these days isnt out the norm.

any suggestions on this would be a huge help :)

Thanks in advance!!

Nick

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,122 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

sap appendix Q...!!!!!!

http://www.sap-appendixq.org.uk/page.jsp?id=1

look for system with low fan power and high efficiency

if any system is not on the list... dont consider it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭Leadership

I would check on the way the air is delivered, is it a single pipe that progressivily gets smaller to vary the pressure or do all the pipes lead to/from a manifold.

More questions, some of them are more value add

Is the system sound proofed, what is the operating sound level?
    Can it interact with fire alarm to shut it down?
    Types of pipework so is it flexible, rigid, smooth etc?
    Power consumption?
    Can you talk to references?
    Can the system link to a home automation system?
    Can the control unit display inlet and distribusion air temp?
    Does it have auto humidity boost for showers cooking etc?
    What is the servicing requirement?
    How much are filters, where can you get them from?

Advertisement