Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cemetry Records

Options
  • 18-11-2009 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

Hi there I hope this is the right place for this as i'm really stuck,,,
    Where can I get cemetry records ,,,I've checked on line and they are there for all counties Except Cork ,,I need to know where my uncles grave is and how many people are in it..I now which cemetry it is but who do i cantact ,,who holds the records..
    Any ideas ????

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Is it a cemetery that is still used? If so, you probably could find out from Cork city (or county depending what part) council. If it's a municipal cemetery like Glasnevin, they may have their own website. For sure they will want his date of death to help you find the grave.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Is it a cemetery that is still used? If so, you probably could find out from Cork city (or county depending what part) council. If it's a municipal cemetery like Glasnevin, they may have their own website. For sure they will want his date of death to help you find the grave.
    yeah its still in use Rathcooney just outside the city.I've tried the councils website but there's noting about cemeteries on it. I might give them a ring maybe but i dont know how helpful they will be..
    Thanks,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

There should be an office in the cemetery if it is still in use. Failing that, contact the local clergy or even undertaker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Ancee

PM sent

Advertisement