Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Labret piercing smelling awful!

Options
  • 18-11-2009 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

Just a quick one guys...

I've had my labret piercing for 7 years now and suddenly it has started to smell awful - both the ring and the piercing itself. Is there anything in particular I should be cleaning it with? I had just been using normal soap when I'm in the shower, but the smell seems to return pretty rapidly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

oral hygiene, brushing and moutwashing. also maybe remove the post every now and again and clean the gunk off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

What does it smell of? If its a strong ammonia type smell, there could be an infection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Monkey61

No definitely not ammonia like...I can't really describe it because it doesn't smell like anything I could liken it to.

Also, my oral hygiene is perfect! And I clean the ring itself all the time and there never seems to be any gunk on it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

What are you using to clean it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Monkey61

Just normal soap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Well there's most likely your problem. You just wanna soak/rinse it in a mild saline solution. Check out the "Guidelines for Healing your Piercings" thread.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

it could also be the jewellery, I find that poorer quality jewellery tends to stink a bit! Get yourself a high-quality ring or stud and try that :)

Advertisement