Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mackie HR824 MK2 or Adam A7 ?

• 17-11-2009 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I'm buying new monitors soon and gonna choose between the 2.

it'll be for dnb/dubstep music and some reviews say the mackies would be better for this.

others say that while the a7 lack bass end, an adam sub 8 would work well with them..but these cost around 500 euro each.

adam a7 get good reviews but if you had the choice, what would you get?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

I think the Mackies sound 'good' i.e. they're impressive to listen to - but from what I've heard and having spoken to a few people who have used them, overall they don't 'help' you much i.e. give you the info you need to make good decisions.

We've recently become Adams distributors over here.

A few weeks ago before we did, I put the A7 through it's paces in, what I believe to be the best control room in Ireland, Middlewalk Studio in Tipperary.

I wasn't expecting too much considering the price point but was very pleasantly surprised with what we heard.

I think the A7 , whilst not perfect, is the best speaker I've heard in that price range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

one of each maybe?

jimi_t wrote: »

I'm not sure I'd go that far .....

But I know of nothing better at that price point.

studiorat wrote: »
    one of each maybe?

What you need is a MacAdam AHR8247 ... the Mark 2 of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭madtheory

Are there any new infinite baffle or transmission line designs under 1k?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    I'm not sure I'd go that far .....

The dude started and fronted the band Sister machine gun, stuck with them for 9 albums, and now has probably the most successful independent VST/AU company in the world. His advice is generally very sound :D

madtheory wrote: »
    Are there any new infinite baffle or transmission line designs under 1k?

Unity Audio in the UK are bringing out The Rock which I'm told will ship in December.

I'm not sure of it's price point yet though.

http://www.unityaudio.co.uk/product.php?pid=396

A quick google suggests £1100 to £1200 but let's see.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭themossinator

limewax wrote: »
    I'm buying new monitors soon and gonna choose between the 2.

it'll be for dnb/dubstep music and some reviews say the mackies would be better for this.

others say that while the a7 lack bass end, an adam sub 8 would work well with them..but these cost around 500 euro each.

adam a7 get good reviews but if you had the choice, what would you get?

Make sure you room is reasonably well treated if your going down the sub route...

Advertisement