Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

english poetry notes??

Options
  • 17-11-2009 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

looking for notes on kavanagh,yeats,longley??:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Bigdeadlydave

Arent we all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Have you tried studying the poems and reading the notes at the back of your poetry book?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Burswood

deemark wrote: »
    Have you tried studying the poems and reading the notes at the back of your poetry book?

No that would never work. Studying? Pfft.

I'm planning on taking Jedward's dad's advice.
    Not study and think about camogie players

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭--SmItHy--

deemark wrote: »
    To be honest those notes are aload of crap!, does your teacher not write up notes, or give handout sheets?...if you're just missing some notes get a friends in your class a hit the photocopier:). I'd get a shortcut to success book if i were you they're brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

--SmItHy-- wrote: »
    To be honest those notes are aload of crap!, does your teacher not write up notes, or give handout sheets?...if you're just missing some notes get a friends in your class a hit the photocopier:). I'd get a shortcut to success book if i were you they're brilliant!

There are about 7 books on the market and you're saying that the notes in the back of all of them are a load of crap? Where do you think many teachers get their notes from:rolleyes:

The biggest problem that most students have is the length of the notes accompanying the poems in the book. You just have to go through them and make your own notes from them.

At the end of the day, all you need is a brief introduction and some background about each poem, an outline of what each stanza/section is about (remembering to refer to language and theme and using quotes to back up your points). A personal response is essential and an ability to link to the other poems will get you the marks. When you've done this for each poem, then you can start on your essay.

• Advertisement
Advertisement