Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are There Any COCHRAN Clocks or Watches still around

Options
  • 17-11-2009 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Does anybody know if there are any COCHRAN clocks or watches still around in Ireland or elsewhere?
    My Great Great Grandfather HUGH HALL COCHRAN from LURGAN, Northern Ireland was a watch and clock maker in 1800, his son HUGH Junior my Great Grandfather was also a watch and clock maker in NEW ROSS, Co Wexford, and made the Tholsel (Town Hall ) Clock, my Grandfather Samuel was a watch and clock maker and worked for John Morton Jewelers in Nassua Street Dublin for nearly 50 years.
    So I would love to know if any Cochran clocks or watches are still out ?there.

Regards,
    Heppsy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Heppsy68

Hello Bedlam,

Thank you for your email, I will try the person in Dublin, and just see out of interest whether he has come across any of the clocks.
    My G.G Grandfather was a Watch and Clock maker in Lurgan, Northern Ireland in 1800. His son my G.Grandfather & my Grandfather both from New Ross, Co Wexford were also Watch & Clock Makers. all of the surname Cochran, that is why I am interested.

Regards

Heppsy

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Origipolo

Hi there, apologies, I overlooked this one.

Try giving Kevin Cheller a ring he owns Timepiece Antiques in Dublin. He can be contacted at +353 (0)1-454 0774. Also try Philip Stokes of Stokes Clocks and Watches, he is based in Cork city and can be contacted at +353 (0) 21-4551195, he is hard to catch in the workshop as he is busy with outdoor clocks but his mother Sally is usually there. If Sally cannot help she will get Philip to return your call.

Also try the British Horological Institute, they prefer to be emailed, clocks@bhi.co.uk.

Hope this helps. I would be surprised if you did not get some headway from the above people. Let us know how you get on either way.. Origi..

Advertisement