Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Merging clips

Options
  • 17-11-2009 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi everyone. I had some trouble capturing in final cut and my tape separated into several clips and i want to combine them into a single clip in the browser. I tried putting in the in and out points then merging the clips but the merge option wont highlight. Then i tried bringing them down onto the timeline and nesting them but when i dragged it into the browser it became a sequence, not a clip. I could probably export the sequence as a quicktime then import it again but i was wondering if theres an easier way to do it in case it happens again in the future. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

The source material captured because of timedcode breaks... why do you want them as one clip? Just edit with them as the come in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 vidiot

I had the capture limit settings mixed up and it broke up the capture every 15 minutes. Im working on a documentary with about 30 tapes and from an organisational perspective id like to be able to reference tapes quickly rather that sifting through nearly a hundred clips.

Advertisement