Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French help

Options
  • 17-11-2009 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭

I am so screwed for French. I don't speak French and, yet again, I have a really bad French teacher. I'm in Higher French :( and I really, really need help.

What is the best way to learn French? Obviously I need outside help. My mam keeps telling me I'll be fine if I do the Institute courses at Christmas, mid-term and Easter, but I don't speak the language so the course will be a waste. What can I do to get to up to a reasonable level for French?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭theT

find your self a native French speaker to give you grinds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭irish-anabel

theT wrote: »

Agreed! Or even if you know someone who is fluent in French, see if they'll sit down with you for even half an hour a week and just speak French. It'll help with your written aswell and your vocab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Better still, find yourself a french girlfriend.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

K4t wrote: »
    Better still, find yourself a french girlfriend.;)

Oh, I wish!! :D

My first french teacher was french, but she had no teaching ability. I think I'm just a bit worried about that happening again.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

Hey!
    I found that if you download podcasts from french radio sites it helps to listen to the words and the way they speek!
    Also find a french forum and try speeking (typing) on that! Even though its not actually speaking it helps!
    Also for your comprehension and reading, read articles from french online news papers!!
    also if you dont know how to say something use an online translator!! But make sure you learn it then! cause theres no point if you dont!
    Bye!:):)

• Advertisement
Advertisement