Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCB Cert and switching insurers

Options
  • 17-11-2009 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Bear with me for what might seem a silly question!

I was insured under my own name with insurance company "X" for 6 years with no claims or accidents.

Having got a better quote from company "Y" last year I switched to them, providing a copy of my NCB cert (showing 6 years claim free driving) from company "X".

My question is this:

My insurance is up for renewal at the end of this year and I might need to change insurer again to ensure I get the best deal. The problem is that, presumably, the NCB cert from company "Y" will only show 1 year's claim free driving. How would I go about proving the previous 6 years with company "X"? Is it possible to obtain a second NCB cert from the first company even though I haven't been insured with them for one year?

This might seem like a stupid question but I have been unable to find a clear answer myself.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kevin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

The new NCB cert should show your full 6 years, ie the year with them and the previous 5 as proven when you gave them your original proof of NCB.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Liawyer

Anan1 wrote: »
    The new NCB cert should show your full 6 years, ie the year with them and the previous 5 as proven when you gave them your original proof of NCB.

Thanks for that:)

Advertisement