Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skiing in Italy last week of January. Package deal best value?

Options
  • 17-11-2009 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, first foray into this forum. Just looking for a bit of advice on booking 4 days skiing in Italy in the end of Jan 2010.

We are a group of beginners and it's more of a chance to get together with a few mates for a laugh rather than a totally serious ski adventure. So basically I am looking for the best value deals that maybe some of you have been on before. Budget is around €360-400 per person including flights.

At the moment we are looking at this place but can't seem to find any reviews online.

Any thoughts or advice appreciated. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

this looks avaiable in the middle of Jan http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055742022

• Registered Users Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

this looks avaiable in the middle of Jan http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055742022

Cheers, I saw that but the dates don't suit. Would have been a laugh if they did though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Any other input/suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭k123456

Wait til 1-2 weeks before departure, last minute Jan is low season so always plenty of deals

reg your email add with inghmas , panr, direct , crystal etc
    and ring these operators nearer the time

Aertel excellent for last min deals

Ring around travel agents nearer the time

Livingo italy always had specials avail then, mainly because of its 4.5 hr transfer, excellent skiing there

Last few Jans we got decent hotel half board down to approx 350pp, incl flights and transfer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Very little in my guidebook about those two places, here's what it says.
    Presolana- Large summer resort near Bergamo. Several other little resorts nearby. Alt. 1250m. Slopes1250-1650m. 6 lifts. 15km pistes.
    Monte Pora- Tiny resort near Lake d'Iseo and Bergamo. Several other little areas nearby. Alt. 1350m. Slopes1350-1880m. 11 lifts. 30km pistes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Doing anything other than a week will be next to impossible with package operators so you'd probably have to do a DIY trip.

Advertisement