Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in Ibiza

Options
  • 17-11-2009 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭

Anyone done a season before? How hard is it to find work and do you have to apply well beforehand or just turn up? I couldn't really give a **** what I do, I've experience doing lighting and sudio but just the same I'd happily work in a bar or something - seems like a great place to spend a summer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

Yup, just back from doing three months there. Unbelievable time, I'd highly recommend you do it. Go over about June (or late May if you want the REALLY good jobs and accommodation) would be my advice. And don't stay in San An if you dislike Brits.....Playa den Bossa is far more full of Irish and nearer the better clubs.....PM me if u have any more Q's man......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

What type of work can one reasonably expect? Would it be mainly bar tending or is there any other type of work available? Would most places be ok with a 3 month summer contract?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Loads of work available from DJ'ing to bar work or you can always sell yokes:eek::D

Dj'ing? Whats the best way to go about that? Demo Discs? Or just walk in and ask for a warm up set?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Cheap enough flights on Aer Lingus at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

ironclaw wrote: »
    Dj'ing? Whats the best way to go about that? Demo Discs? Or just walk in and ask for a warm up set?

Record a mix and burn it onto a load of CD's and go around a few bars and leave your number and e-mail and in no time (assuming your half decent) you'll get a few calls/e-mails.

jonny68 wrote: »
    Record a mix and burn it onto a load of CD's and go around a few bars and leave your number and e-mail and in no time (assuming your half decent) you'll get a few calls/e-mails.

Seems so easy :pac: Thanks for the advice. Slightly off topic, but with a demo disc, should one just play a set or show off? So would it be better to do a 20 minute power mix than a 70 minute set?

Also, in terms of wages on the island, what would the average warm up DJ get? Assuming thats the work you get after a demo

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

U will earn sweet F.A mate, unless you're Sven. Also, none of the bars in PDB have Dj's in them, so it's practically only in San An you could hope for a job Dj'ing - plus the competition is pretty fierce as u can imagine. Plus the music is sh1tter/more commercial on that side of the island. Rep work is long and doesn't pay great-you're also working practically every day. On the plus side you get free in to most clubs after work (although with the new laws in place this can mean as little as 2 hours dancing.) I'd never recommend it at home, but selling yokes actually probably is ure best bet if you're repping 2....

Advertisement