Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lingerie - A question for the Gents??

Options
  • 17-11-2009 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi guys,

I'm just wondering what lingerie do you generally find irresistible on a woman?! I am looking to really impress here - so do I go classy sexy or slutty sexy?? suggestions please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

weedaisy wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm just wondering what lingerie do you generally find irresistible on a woman?! I am looking to really impress here - so do I go classy sexy or slutty sexy?? suggestions please?

Somwhere in the middle would probably be best. Pretty is too boring but red pvc is too over the top. Choose a color to suit your own colouring and keep it to black/white/red. Its a good thing you do here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Please remember that we are Gentlemen here. Keep it helpful and ontopic. Warning given, next comes banning!!

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

personally speaking anne summers is wrong.

Its looks cheep and tacky, I like classy I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

It really depends on the guy tbh. Everyone here will have their personal preferences.

But above all else, wear something that makes YOU feel confident. There's no point putting on something that's going to make you feel awkward or uncomfortable. Regardless of what you are wearing, if your man detects that you aren't into what you are wearing it will be a turn off.

Wear something that makes you feel sexy and confident and your man will pick up on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I prefer something that's classy more than something that's slutty myself, each have their merits though. A simple man with simple pleasures, fancy lingerie, suspenders, thigh high stockings and none of that crotchless stuff, I'd like to take some pleasure in undressing a girl who put in some effort :)

Leimrod is spot on too, I'd rather a woman wore something she was comfortable with than have her try dress up for me and not be comfortable with it - that'd be a bigger turn off than not bothering at all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 weedaisy

Thanks lads, I appreciate the help!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Women in 99.9% of lingerie = win anyway.

To answer your question,I guess the classier lingerie would be my preference.

Flesh on show is great,just the right amount is fantastic.A bit of mystery goes a long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

This might sound a bit weird but here goes. I like lingerie up to a point but I could never really get the whole thing as in my mind, lingerie was always something that had to be removed when - pardon the pun - push came to shove.

smashey wrote: »
    This might sound a bit weird but here goes. I like lingerie up to a point but I could never really get the whole thing as in my mind, lingerie was always something that had to be removed when - pardon the pun - push came to shove.

Lingerie is not about the 5 minuters of 'push & shove' as you so elequently put it. :) Lingerie is about the 5 hours leading up to the push & shove. (Generalising) Women feel erotic and alluring and the men are offered a hint of what lies beneth the clothing by a glimse of a strap or the feel of a catch through her clothes while dancing. There is a hightened level of arousal and anticipation between the couple, culminating eventually in the push & shove.

There is another aspect of lingerie that I like and that is the engineering and the mystery of it. All the parts are functional but what a bewildering array there is. Catchs, hooks, clasps, buttons, popstuds, velcro (icky!), laces, ribbons, straps, zips, elasatic. Unraveling all that stuff is like mastering a mechano set and it appeals to the geek in me. The mystery is how the hell do strapless bras work? Why do corsets fasten at the front and the back? What is this underwire thingy I keep hearing about?

Or is that just me? (Self confessed clotheshorse)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭maherro

Stockings
    Stockings
    Stockings
    Stockings
    Stockings
    Stockings
    Stockings
    Stockings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Slutty sexy is better for when you's want a rampant session, but classy is nice if you are been more loving etc..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Stockings + panties + corset-thingy = win imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

OldGoat wrote: »
    Lingerie is not about the 5 minuters of 'push & shove' as you so elequently put it. :) Lingerie is about the 5 hours leading up to the push & shove. (Generalising) Women feel erotic and alluring and the men are offered a hint of what lies beneth the clothing by a glimse of a strap or the feel of a catch through her clothes while dancing. There is a hightened level of arousal and anticipation between the couple, culminating eventually in the push & shove.

+1 million :D

Only problem is that it's not the most comfortable of things to wear under your clothes, unless you go get some really fancy, proper stuff made.

The mystery is how the hell do strapless bras work?

They don't. Or if they do, painfully and annoyingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

At the end of the day its who is in them that really matters.

But I have to say a nice set of hipsters ( I think thats the one anyway kinda wide around the hips) can often make a bum look amazing in my opinion.
    And while lace looks nice you gotta love the touch of satin.

That said different strokes for different blokes.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

The mystery is how the hell do strapless bras work? Why do corsets fasten at the front and the back? What is this underwire thingy I keep hearing about?

Or is that just me? (Self confessed clotheshorse)

No it's probably most men who think about it.

Anyway just imo:

1. Strapless bras have a revolting velcro like glue substance at the top of the cups which causes them to glue themselves to whatever portion of the bosoms they find. This generally results in endless hoicking up of said strapless bra, double/quadruple cleavage, and ultimate removal of said strapless bra as it's better to have a little droopage than double/quadruple cleavage/endless hoicking.

2. Corsets fasten at the back and the front as the hooks and eyes at the front enhance the cleavage greatly by increasing the illusion of cleavage with tight fabric, whilst the ties at the back allow for the creation of a tiny waist and cleavage by pulling the laces very tight at that particular junction of the body (just my opinion), the hooks and eyes at the front tend not to be great around the waist in my experience they are a little loose and the laces are needed.

3. Underwire is wire placed all around the frame of the cup of a bra, which gives it shape, can enhance cleavage, and if poorly placed, torture the wearer. Basically it's a simple form of support in a bra to better position the bosoms and hoick them up in a semi comfortable fashion.

I'm off to the burlesque forum now, I've always wanted to dress up for the night :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Strapless bras are evil:mad:

Strapless bras are evil:mad:
    And unattractive from the Gentlemans point of view.

Hideous looking aren't they!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Warfi

Ah they do the job for a strapless dress. But I agree that if you're entertaining ;), whip the bra off as quick as possible. Vacuum packed boobs*=not a good look.

*although the shelf-life of vacuum packed boobs is amazing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

The red pvc thing just wouldnt do it for me, corset and stockings is great, women do tend to pay a small fortune for lingerie when to tell the truth us men couldnt tell the different between cheap and expensive stuff anyway, and its all going to wind up on the floor at some point :D

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    men couldnt tell the different between cheap and expensive stuff anyway
    Have to disagree with that. I believe the majority of men can tell the difference between Anne Summers and Coco de Mer if it were put in front of them. Quality always shows. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Warfi

Have to disagree with that. I believe the majority of men can tell the difference between Anne Summers and Coco de Mer if it were put in front of them. Quality always shows. :)

and maybe more if you're lucky ..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

aren't I glad that we can't post pictures on thread here :p

Warfi wrote: »
    Ah they do the job for a strapless dress. But I agree that if you're entertaining ;), whip the bra off as quick as possible. Vacuum packed boobs*=not a good look.

*although the shelf-life of vacuum packed boobs is amazing :pac:

I'd still rather my chances with some tit tape and some nipple covers tbh; but then I can appreciate that some women don't have a choice.

+1; I also found that men can be quite tactile about this sort of stuff too(apart from the obvious:pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

I'd still rather my chances with some tit tape and some nipple covers tbh; but then I can appreciate that some women don't have a choice.

I've completely given up on strapless bras. Unless it has boning or straps, I just won't wear it - not worth the discomfort. I find strapless dresses don't look great on a big bus anyway, so it's no great loss!

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

It all depends on the man and the woman..

I personally like the classy look, however certain times may call for the slutty look. Its a loving night versus a passionate, clothes ripping night.

I also find you need to have a certain attitude/arrogance for the slutty look but with the classy look even if your shy and quiet it still works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Herbal Deity

No such thing as "classy" or "slutty". I find the use of these words to be generally patronising and belittling.

Lingerie is generally only ever seen right before sex, so it follows that one makes a subconscious connection between lingerie and sex, and as a result, the thought and sight of lingerie is arousing. Different kinds of lingerie offer different "flavours" of arousal, I guess.

I'm not paticularly picky, my gf likes dressing up, and I enjoy it too. I wouldn't be frequently asking her to wear X or Y for me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

No such thing as "classy" or "slutty". I find the use of these words to be generally patronising and belittling.

Well I would equate Anne Summer type stuff as being slutty - the material on costumes/lingerie is generally very, very cheap and crap.

More expensive stuff would seem sexier as it not only looks better it normally feels made of better materials.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

But above all else, wear something that makes YOU feel confident. There's no point putting on something that's going to make you feel awkward or uncomfortable. Regardless of what you are wearing, if your man detects that you aren't into what you are wearing it will be a turn off.

Wear something that makes you feel sexy and confident and your man will pick up on this.

This person speaks the truth.

NTM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,673 ✭✭✭flutered

me i dunno about this undies stuff, why not spend your money on some thing else, cook him a meal, if you cant cook treat him to a meal out, by now you should know his likes/dislikes on female apparel, if not obsverbe on his reactions when various wimmis pass you both on the street pub etc, my guess is the you will not need the fancy undies, the old saying about an essay comes to mind, long enough to cover the subject, short enough to keep it interesting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement