Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFOs - What are your experiences

Options
  • 17-11-2009 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭

Shameless ripoff of the Ghost thread title, I thought I would do this one. Not necessarily looking for debunkers more of first hand experience, although I have no problem with a bit of debunking but lets not have it decend into "I'm right, your wrong!" kind of stuff.

My own happened about a week ago. I was out the back haveing a smoke (she won't let me smoke in the house:( ). I don't really mind as I am something of an amature astronomer and use my smokes as an opportunity to do a bit of stargazing. So as I was looking at the plough and polaris (due north) I noticed a relatively slow moving white light (not as bright as the pole star) going down the sky towards the north from about 30 degrees off vertical. All perfectly normal so far and I just assumed it was a satellite (no flashing aircraft lights) and continued watching, after about about 20 seconds the light took what looked like a perfect right turn and continued for about 5 seconds and dissapeared!

Like I said I am used to looking at the night sky and I haven't seen anything like this before, so what do you think and what have you seen?

And no I don't think it was this forums equivalent of Yore Ma i.e. Chinese Lanterns :D

Comments

I would tell you , only that a man dressed in black threatened my family if i said anything .

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭rafared

I would tell you , only that a man dressed in black threatened my family if i said anything .

LOL.:D

Seriously though I did see something weird some years ago. At that time I worked in coolock and travelled to the job by bus which left me a 10 minute walk up the old Belcamp lane. (more scary than any ghosts or alien;)) Anyway Im walking up the lane on a fine, clear, sunny spring morning and looking at the planes lined up on the approach path to dublin airport.
    There was two of them visable out over the sea making their decent to land. Just then I noticed what appeared to be a metallic ( as in it was silver in colour and seemed to shimmer) oval shaped object towards the north, sitting still in the sky over Malahide. It was hard to say how high it was but it was roughly the same height as the decending plane.
    It moved abruptly to the right as I looked and then moved straight up and again remained still. At this stage I thought that this was weird and was wondering what it was. Then it seemed to blink on and off and vanished suddenly.
    Now if someone told me this story I would tend to think it was a baloon or maybe a reflection or some atmospheric doodad but having witnessed it I couldnt be sure what it was. Im not saying it was little green men either just something unusual in the sky fairly close to the glide path to dublin airport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

I knew the Vatican would get involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Traze

LOL always a joker in the mist

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭raveni

So as I was looking at the plough and polaris (due north) I noticed a relatively slow moving white light (not as bright as the pole star) going down the sky towards the north from about 30 degrees off vertical. All perfectly normal so far and I just assumed it was a satellite (no flashing aircraft lights) and continued watching, after about about 20 seconds the light took what looked like a perfect right turn and continued for about 5 seconds and dissapeared!

I saw something like that a few nights ago, I was just looking at the stars and I noticed an orange light, I don't know if it had been moving or stationary, but when I looked at it it was still for a second and then just sped downwards really fast, turned sharply, went to the left for a bit and disappeared!
    I've never seen anything like it, I know satellites move across the sky but it would be impossible for one to move so fast and turn so sharply...so I was pretty freaked! Can't think of anything it could be other than a UFO:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

I've experienced the same type of objects making very precise manoeuvres before in roughly the same area of sky, it was about 4/5 years ago at this stage. Very strange altogether.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

Was on a night flight about 9 years ago, and myself and my mate saw something strange moving and very fast speed and precise manouvering, could not of been man made. Only the other week we were both on a plane again and he brought the topic up, definately was extratorestial.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Ken_Is_Here

I had an experience when i was about 12. My brother and i decided to stay up and star gaze looking for aliens. Specifically ufos not just random gazing.
    We had bunk beds beside a window so were watching the same, and not very, wide area of sky.

There were lots of stars as it was a clear night.
    Not very long into it we witnessed a light originate from one star and go straight and fast to another star. The shock of this had not sunk in yet when in a split second the light bounced back to the original star. (i say star as it was a light in the sky that didint move)

If it was two stars millions of miles away then the speed of the object travelling between them is astonishing.

Ive never seen nor heard of anything like it since.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I saw something a few years ago.
    I was driving in the early hours of the morning from Sligo to Crumlin hospital.
    When we got to Boyle we noticed something flying along side us, with different coloured lights. The lights weren't flashing and it was too low to be a plane.
    It was alongside us until we got to Longford and then it disappeared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Mine was when I was in primary school,Maybe 7 years ago...Me and my brother had bunk beds and in the morning I got up at about 7 and opened the blind,While I was opening it,I was looking up the field as it was all frosty and just above the ditch which is maybe 50 meters from the window.And then from the left hand side of the ditch I saw this very slow moving thing with the weirdest lights ever..They were flashing,4-5 in a straight line but were'nt like plane lights...The lights kind of flashed but got bigger as they did..

Was very weird,As I watched it my brother got up and saw it to it dissapeared below the low ditch,He walked up and said there was a circular patch of frost which was more defrosted than the rest of the field...Never did see it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

For those that saw something last week there was a meteor shower (shooting stars) which was clearly visible from some areas. I had the camera out waiting to shoot some but the clods prevented me, I did see one or two movements though through breaks in the clouds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

For those that saw something last week there was a meteor shower (shooting stars) which was clearly visible from some areas. I had the camera out waiting to shoot some but the clods prevented me, I did see one or two movements though through breaks in the clouds.
    Yup, it was ther Geminids meteor shower, occurs every year around the same time.

Advertisement