Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminating Perlico account before 12 months

Options
  • 17-11-2009 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

Hi

I unfortunately signed a 12 month contract with perlico starting last September. Now because im gone over the 7 day grace period im now stuck in this 12 month contract until next September. Is anyone else in my position-know a way to cancel the contract before the 12 month ends?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Legally you are entitled to cancel it before the 12 months are up, however legally they are also enttitled to charge you a fee for a early/in contract cancelation as set out in their Terms & Conditions.

I'd suggest you have a read of their T&C's.

[EDIT]
    T&C's are here - http://www.perlico.com/files/tc/internetTC.pdf
    2.3 If the Customer terminates its Contract after expiry of the Cooling-Off Period, but during
    the Minimum Term, the Customer shall be required to pay a fee equal to the sum of the
    monthly charges for the remainder of the Minimum Term (“Termination Charge”).

For example, if a Customer subscribes for a Package with a flat monthly rate of €9.99 and
    cancels after 4 months, Customer shall be required to pay Perlico €79.92 (€9.99 x 8 months)
    on termination.

So its based on your monthly fee, what package did you subscribe to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

Cabaal wrote: »
    Legally you are entitled to cancel it before the 12 months are up, however legally they are also enttitled to charge you a fee for a early/in contract cancelation as set out in their Terms & Conditions.

I'd suggest you have a read of their T&C's.

Yes i know but i want to know if there is a way to terminate the contract before 12 months and not suffer the consequences. Has anyone done this before?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

mehmeh12 wrote: »
    Yes i know but i want to know if there is a way to terminate the contract before 12 months and not suffer the consequences. Has anyone done this before?

If for example you had technical issues that could not be resolved then Perlico may agree to allow a cancel without a buyout but otherwise there is no reason for them to waive this charge.

This forum doesn't really exist to give advise to people so they can break their contract in the manner your looking for.

Given you just want to cancel while within contract this isn't a valid reason to try and not be charged the fee.

Advertisement