Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ad Hoc network - no Internet connection??

Options
  • 17-11-2009 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭

Hi there, I used to connect my ipod touch to the internet through an ad-hoc network setup on my laptop. Recently I reinstalled vista and now any time I try to do the same thing my wired connection to the internet drops on my laptop, thus my ipod touch will not connect to the internet anymore. Help would be appreciated as it's rather annoying when something works, and then all of a sudden doesn't work. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Have you re-enabled internet sharing{ ICS } on your wireless connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

I'm not sure. How do I reactivate this option? If you're talking about the two tick boxes that are in the settings to allow a shared internet connection, I had those two boxes activated, but still the internet connection dropped?? Thanks for your response by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

Update: Thanks for your help, I did a google search with some of the key words you supplied me with and this lead to my solution. Thanks for that!:)

Advertisement