Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VPN causing pop ups?

Options
  • 17-11-2009 1:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Set up a VPN yesterday, but I notice that when its connected that I get pop ups on every window at the top. I have pop ups blocked but this still keeps on coming up.
    When I reconnect to my ordinary connection its fine..but whenever I start up my VPN it goes back to pop ups.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of this...apart from get rid of the VPN connection :D:D:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭96offsuit

anyone??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

What's the browser, what's the pop up blocker, what's the VPN, etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Browser is I.E
    VPN: www.hotspotshield.com
    pop up block is the turned on from tools menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

2 users, same poster? Suspicious...

Why do people think that using a site like that gives them any protection? You're handing over everything you do online to this company, who could do pretty much anything they want with it.

Anyway, sites like hotspotshield will make it so the browsers ad blocker and pop up blocker don't work any more, I think due to the encryption of the links.

Advertisement