Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Update

Options
  • 17-11-2009 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭

Brock Lesnar has an undecended testicle.

Boom

Update: It just dropped

Seriously guys, enough with the new thread for every injury or ailment to a UFC fighter or Dana next big announcement. How about one big thread for all UFC stuff? A discussion thread for each event would be fine but silly little threads about staph infections, dan hardy, lesnar etc is a bit too much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

Killme00 wrote: »
    silly little threads about staph infections, dan hardy, lesnar etc is a bit too much.

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭cletus

i thouht the idea of splitting the original sd/ma forum was a) to avoid ****ting up the forum with loads of mma news and b) to avoid mega-threads like the original ufc/mma thread that partially resulted in the split

yet it would appear that you want us to do b) to avoid a) in a forum dedicated to mma news

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Lets not talk about what people what to talk about

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Seriously guys, enough with the new thread for every injury or ailment to a UFC fighter or Dana next big announcement.

So you decided that the best way to get across a point about too many frivolous threads was to start a frivolous thread. Really?!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,106 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Seriously guys, enough with the new thread for every injury or ailment to a UFC fighter or Dana next big announcement. How about one big thread for all UFC stuff? A discussion thread for each event would be fine but silly little threads about staph infections, dan hardy, lesnar etc is a bit too much.

I've said it before, and I still feel the same, the MMA forum needs a off-topic thread.
    The BBV over on the poker forum, is the busiest discussion thread on boards (I don't count "counting to 1,000,000" and other nonsense as discussion) It works incredibably well and has spawned similar threads on most busy forums.

I vote for a catch-all (off-topic isn't the best idea as the little updates should go there).
    Call it The Octagon (for something similar, I know that people love to whine about how MMA is more than the UFC, god forbid the name is insukting to those in square/hexagon rings)
    So you decided that the best way to get across a point about too many frivolous threads was to start a frivolous thread. Really?!
    I would of though that it was done to highlight the issue.
    You didn't get this, really?
    Wow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

This forum is actually pretty sparse in threads compared to most mma forums. I say leave it the way it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Why?

I assumed this was an MMA forum and not a UFC forum.

At the moment we have two threads about Lesnar, one about Shane MCmahon and one abou Big Nog...all this could be caught in a general UFC discussion thread. They are sitting on the front page and knocking announcements and discussion about local shows back to page two where they wont be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I assumed this was an MMA forum and not a UFC forum.

At the moment we have two threads about Lesnar, one about Shane MCmahon and one abou Big Nog...all this could be caught in a general UFC discussion thread. They are sitting on the front page and knocking announcements and discussion about local shows back to page two where they wont be seen.

Actually at the moment if you count the threads on the front page we have 9 non UFC threads and 11 UFC threads. And two of the UFC threads could and probably should be incorporated into existing threads.

So it is hardly like every thread is about UFC. I think a bit of cleaning up and merging of threads would be good but leave the forum as it is for the most part. I hate big sprawling catch all threads like they have in the soccer forum as it is very difficult to keep up with them.

UFC is the top dog so there are more posts about UFC than anything. I don't see a problem with that.

Mellor wrote: »
    I've said it before, and I still feel the same, the MMA forum needs a off-topic thread.

It was tried before and failed: here Feel free to revive it if you like.

Why do people continue to try to back seat mod the forum. It's not the most busy forum on boards and yet it has 3 moderators. Why can't people just PM us?

Also, this is an MMA forum so there will be threads on various MMA related topics that come up. That's the nature of an MMA forum :rolleyes:

Thread closed and keep an eye on the rules thread re back seat moderating.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement