Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend artist for delicate, whispy foot tattoo?

Options
  • 17-11-2009 12:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi, I am looking to get a foot tattoo that is very delicate and looks like a pencil sketch and want to find an artist who is used to doing tattoos like this. I have other tattoos but they are a lot more bold and the artist that did them does not really do anything like the one I want. I am defintiey not an expert but I think some of it might need to be done freehand too as some of the detail I want would be very light and whispy. Can anyone recommend anyone in Dublin or elsewhere (would be willing to travel for the right person)? Thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

What you're mentioning could be almost anything, if you show us some pictures of something similar to what you want, we may be able to guide you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Is it black & grey photo-realistic style tattoo that you're after? Off the top of my bonce I'd suggest you look at Wojt from Wildcats' portfolio in the portfolio thread. Like Damo said, post a pic and we'll have a better idea of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭earleuginedoyle

I recomend Dr. Jay in Limerick...aha i know, bit far away! he did two of mine, both flowers and both look very realistic and as if they are drawn on with pencil and pastels! amazing.... i still look at them in awe....

not sure this was much help as he is in limerick...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 deno

Sorry, I realised after reading over my first post there, I didn't make it very clear what I am thinking of. I cannot seem to find pictures of the exact effect I want anywhere but I have definitely seen it before. I want it to look like a pencil sketch as much as possible, with a few splashes of colour here and there. It is a kind of enchanted forest. The photos below are the nearest to the sketch effect I could find. Thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

earleuginedoyle, would you mind posting some piccies? I'm interested to see your tatt :p

• Advertisement

i think i attached a pic there..... thats my newest one, not the best pic of it, the other one on my right hip looks more like its drawn with pastels....but i dont have a photo of it at the moment

i realise after seein the pics of what the OP wants that this isnt what they were lookin for at all!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

thats really nice.... shame its in limerick!:rolleyes:

yeah it's kind of attatched to me now :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 deno

That is really beautiful. Love the white flowers petals. I would definitely like some colourful flowers somewhere in there but just really love the sketch effect so want that to be the main part of the tattoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭CamillaRhodes

earleuginedoyle, that is BEAUTIFUL!! You've really got me thinking about my own flowers tatt now... Really, I'm so impressed! Gorgeous!:D

• Advertisement

awh thanks guys!! i do LOVE it :D i'm getting it finished this friday, can't wait!! the daisies need finishing so the petals are actualy attached to their centers!! ill post pics in ill show you mine if u show me yours thread when its done!!

OP, those samples of sketchy work are soooo cooool!! i really want some work like that now!! i havnt seen it anywhere so i cant be of any help tbh, keep us updated on your search though yeah? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

I just had a tattoo done in Kilkenny and the guy had a photo of a gorgeous freehand he did on a foot, he's known for being brilliant at freehand work too. If you go through the pics here you'll see it http://www.darkraptortattoo.com/gothers.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

thats really good stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

deno wrote: »
    Sorry, I realised after reading over my first post there, I didn't make it very clear what I am thinking of. I cannot seem to find pictures of the exact effect I want anywhere but I have definitely seen it before. I want it to look like a pencil sketch as much as possible, with a few splashes of colour here and there. It is a kind of enchanted forest. The photos below are the nearest to the sketch effect I could find. Thanks for your help

wow that 2nd photo is amazing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Shelleysbaby

Hey, the place i would suggest is Colour Works because i worked there for work experiance and was there for a week and seen the stuff that the guys there can do and if you want something like the tattoo you described i would refer Darren or Rob both are really good artist.
    :D

Advertisement