Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ABS pump

Options
  • 16-11-2009 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

My cousin was on to me a few mins ago. He has a long standing issue with the ABS pump on his 99 Passast . H ehad it in a garage and was told his options are recondition or replace with one from a scrap yard (he's not in a position to replace new) . The garage told him a 2nd hand one would have to be coded to the car, costing whatever it is they charge for that (does the abs pump itself have it's own ecu? I would have thought any brakeing system ecu would be seperate, no? ). Assuimg it would have to be reprogrammed , would his own unit have to be programmed as well after it is reconditioned or will it drop straight back in?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Rev. BlueJeans

A seperate ECU for the ABS system, perhaps?

Some VAG head will know surely regarding the programing issue, if any.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Search out somebody with vagcom and the coding should be easy

• Registered Users Posts: 9 clynesbreed

Very common problen on Audi A4/VW Passat. Preusume red abs light is on all the time. Have a look at ECU Testing web in the UK. They remap the ECU part. Not always the fix of course. These folks in the UK will at least check the problen for you. Its pretty easy to take out the ECU part, I did it myself and there are instructions on the web. Cost 100 GBP for me to get remap done and once I re-installed it all was well and NCT passed. Also seems VAG dealers are not up to speed on this

Advertisement