Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any Advice????

Options
  • 16-11-2009 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hi all,

Trying to sell 2 cars now at the moment (one older one for a while and a new one just recently). I had the older one on carzone and other classifieds and donedeal etc. and havent heard too much. Now Im selling my new car Im wondering will I have any success.

Is there any other selling alternatives Im not thinking off?? Thought of car auctions..newspaper ads.. online ads.. and for sale sign on the car..

Any suggestions (or takers :)..) would be appreciated.

The cars are:
    02 1.5l Nissan Almera
    09 1.5l Mitsubishi Lancer

Im selling these as Im moving abroad.. (kills me that I have to get rid of the lancer)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Theres one sure way and that's to lower the price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Selling at the moment is all down to price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭oxegen85

I think they both are at fairly low prices.. Both are cheaper than the dealers online

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

oxegen85 wrote: »
    I think they both are at fairly low prices.. Both are cheaper than the dealers online

What are the prices?

A few quid cheaper is no good. It needs to be cheaper than their cash price and then some

• Advertisement

The almera is €3000
    the lancer is €17500 (€23000 new)

I've seen a lancer cheaper than that today at a dealer. Been looking with a friend of mine as she needs a new car fast. They would go almost 2k cheaper than your price...

EPM wrote: »
    I've seen a lancer cheaper than that today at a dealer. Been looking with a friend of mine as she needs a new car fast. They would go almost 2k cheaper than your price...

A dealer is selling an 09 lancer for €15500??? can I see the link or do you have it??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

jackncoke wrote: »

It is yes but like most people thats asking price. There is some room to come down. I would be suprised thought if a dealer was selling at €15500.

• Advertisement

It's listed at 16750 at the moment and with some arguing they would do a deal for a grand less. I'm not at a pc now but you need to remember it's late in the year and prices are being adjusted for the new year

oh I know that.. But I think at say €16500 is a very reasonable adjustment for one years use. Can I ask what County you were looking in?

Waterford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

It's listed at 16750 at the moment and with some arguing they would do a deal for a grand less. I'm not at a pc now but you need to remember it's late in the year and prices are being adjusted for the new year

I dont think that argument will count this year. A car wont be worth much less than it is now than it will in January 10 imo.

The way the demand has shot up for cheap, second hand cars, is keeping the market prices up the last few months. The fact that decent second hand stock is drying up will push up prices into Jan.

Now, the above might not apply to the likes of the Lancer above, but certainly will for the Almera.

The market is changing rapidly guys, and sellers and buyers need to adjust to this. The whole "ah, it'l be cheaper in Jan" wont apply to alot of cars this time round.

Waterford

Oh right I see that one on carzone. Just one thing though that its taking into account the 2000 for scrappage deal too?? you trading in? Im in waterford too.. Id be happy to do business with you..

It's not for me. I'll run it by my friend no probs though. PM me more info on the car and your realistic bottom line. She's an idea in her head about a diesel now to put through the business but no harm in trying. Include a link if you have one

ok Ive done that... let me know if your friend is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,201 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Another disadvantage is that the Lancer is a 09 and petrol. Alot of people buying or trading up to a 08/09 will want to avail of cheaper motor tax and that means going diesel. A 08/09 petrol car would have to be substancially cheaper to buy to offset the extra outlet in motor tax and fuel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

bazz26 wrote: »
    Another disadvantage is that the Lancer is a 09 and petrol.
    The Lancer is 1.5 petrol only, and comes in at €302 motor tax. On the old system it'd be €357, so it's not doing too bad. I do agree tho that people will be swayed by the new system which favours diesels. E.g. the 2.2 Accord comes in at €156.

Advertisement