Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eco architect in Armagh area

Options
  • 16-11-2009 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

I just got outline planning permission for a house in Armagh. I want to build either a super insulated house or a near-passive house. I have spoken to one or two people with regards to planning the house who supposedly have"green" credientials, however was disappointed when in discussions I realised that I know more than them, purely from my own limited research! Can anybody recommend an architect in Armagh/Down area who has actually designed a super insulated or passive house? Also what fees should I expect to pay for the plans?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TommyT

Why limit yourself to just Armagh and Down? Look further afield to get what you need.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,122 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

ELP wrote: »
    ............... have "green" credientials.............

...............super insulated or passive house? ..........

you may find these two do not go hand in hand....

'passive house' architects and assessors tend to look to technology to solve physical problems to reach an energy goal... whereas 'green' constructors will consider more the embodied energy of the construction materials, will veer towards more natural and passive methods of servicing the build and tend not to see base rate figures as 'the goal' but rather more of all encompassing holostic goal of a natural, 'green' build....

i think you need to consider whether you want a dwelling thats energy efficient to run but may cost more due to technological installations, or a building thats built using minimal processed materials, natural servicing and based on organic holistic physics such as breathable constructions etc.

If passive house look for architects by the pasisve haus institute, of more 'green' orientated look to the CAT (centre for alternative technology) in wales for consultation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭mrgaa1

sent you a PM

Advertisement