Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Erin Foods Cannery

Options
  • 16-11-2009 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭

My granny worked in the Erin Foods Cannery near Dr Cullen Park for decades. I'm trying to track down some photo's either of the factory itself or of employees. Anyone know any former employee's or other sources that may have such documents?

Thanks,

Jumpa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

would that have been linked in with the sugar factory at the time??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

My granny worked in the Erin Foods Cannery near Dr Cullen Park for decades. I'm trying to track down some photo's either of the factory itself or of employees. Anyone know any former employee's or other sources that may have such documents?

Thanks,

Jumpa

I imagine that the Nationalist would have some, or Croppyboy perhaps.

Or the library.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭DO'Carlo/Wex

It ondly a shell of itself now. All boarded-up & run-down looking.
    It was on/in The Way We Worked on RTE One on Friday if you'd care to check it out on Catch Up Service on Rte.ie.
    Interesting viewing the whole lot of it. Great series.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

super-rush wrote: »
    Croppyboy perhaps.

If he doesnt have it, nobody will!

Can you just call into the Nationalist and request a photo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

If he doesnt have it, nobody will!

Can you just call into the Nationalist and request a photo?

No. There's a specific procedure you have to follow.

Go into the Nationalist office with a pair of tights on your head, and a violin case under your arm, and shout "Give me all your photos of the Erin Foods Cannery"

The staff there will only be too happy to oblige you then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

testicle wrote: »
    No. There's a specific procedure you have to follow.

Go into the Nationalist office with a pair of tights on your head, and a violin case under your arm, and shout "Give me all your photos of the Erin Foods Cannery"

The staff there will only be too happy to oblige you then.

Another stunning contribution of sarcasm to the forum by testicle. Hey testicle, did that rash every clear up? I guess what I was asking was, I'll probably need time to browse what pictures they have. I'm not looking for a specific photo. But I'll direct all my queries about their service to The Nationalist. God forbid we discuss services on here eh testicle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Another stunning contribution of sarcasm to the forum by testicle. Hey testicle, did that rash every clear up? I guess what I was asking was, I'll probably need time to browse what pictures they have. I'm not looking for a specific photo. But I'll direct all my queries about their service to The Nationalist. God forbid we discuss services on here eh testicle?

Ask your employer about customer service!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Keep on topic guys.

jumpa & testicle, less of it or I'll fire out a pair of bans

• Registered Users Posts: 3 WILLIESAVAGE9

Does anybody know who owns the cannery now, and who is paying for the security at nightime

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Does anybody know who owns the cannery now, and who is paying for the security at nightime

It's 24/7 security as far as i know.

Don't know about ownership though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

The security is to keep people out of the burnt building as the dust will get moved and will cause health risk. From what I was told it will be next year before anything will be done up there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Mod Snip Not helpful.

Advertisement