Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GOLD WEDDING RING TATTOO

Options
  • 16-11-2009 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I never ever thought about getting a tattoo, but I have lost my wedding ring and to be honest, I never felt comfortable wearing it, not that I don't love my wife, I do, but I'm not really a ring person.

Now. What I was thinking of doing to show my wife how much I love her is to get a gold ring tattooed onto my ring finger.

Is this possible? Is there such a thing as gold ink? But more importantly is it safe? dont want to get cancer of the finger in a few years time.

All advice much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can't get gold but an artist used to using yellow and good shading should be able to do something.

Like this:
    godess-tattoo-l.jpg

Mind, the tattoo will fade over time anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Tattooing your fingers isn't really advisable for many reasons (fades mad quick, hard to hide, always visible) and unless you've a big batch of work on you no reasonable tattoo artist will touch you

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭earleuginedoyle

I've seen a couple of people with wedding ring tattoos, some have faded, some havn't and one of those poeple, it's his only tattoo... so i think it's down to what you really want and talking it through with the tattoo artist.

i would advise you to go with something a bit more creative than just a tattoo of a gold band though... may not look so good as a tattoo...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

In general, with most people, the sides and palm side of the finger won't hold the ink very well at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

Thanks for the replies lads. Plenty to think about there, I'm not sure what I'll do now.:confused:.

• Advertisement
Advertisement