Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burner exchange

Options
  • 16-11-2009 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi i have firebird superq 50-90 boiler with conventional flue in my kitchen.It had a riello 40 g3b 70k burner.At the weekend the burner packed in and my brother had a riello rdb 2.2 70k burner.We installed this and all is working fine.My question is was it ok to do this are burners compatible from a safety point of view etc etc??? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jobfix

You can change burners. The burner only supplies the heat into the boiler and has an effect on the output of the boiler. When you replace or swop a burner you always have to test and tune it with an electronic smoketester. If you don't, the boiler output could be to low or to BIG (boiler cracks)The output can be altered by a different nozzle. If things are wrong your boiler will smoke and will be very dirty in no time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 martinen

Ok.Thanks for that Jobfix.All still working fine--no smoke...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

martinen wrote: »
    Hi i have firebird superq 50-90 boiler with conventional flue in my kitchen.It had a riello 40 g3b 70k burner.At the weekend the burner packed in and my brother had a riello rdb 2.2 70k burner.We installed this and all is working fine.My question is was it ok to do this are burners compatible from a safety point of view etc etc??? :confused:
    If you are burning kerosene and use the same size nozzle, you should be OK.
    If you have gas oil (diesel), then there might be problems.
    Is the head the same as the G3 ? If not, and you are burning gas oil, then you could have trouble in the colder weather.
    Jim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 martinen

Thanks Jim...I'm burning Kerosene and used same size nozzle.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Get it serviced, the service person will set the burner running right. Unless you have the right equipment you will have no idea if it's running right or not.

All Good service people will check Burner pressure, nozzle size and analyze the flu emmissions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jobfix

If your oil boiler has problems starting in the winter I always change the nozzle for a H model. So if you have a nozzle on which is writen 0.6 G - 80S i change it for a 0.6 G -80H. In fact i do change 90 % of the nozzles of my customers for a H model and hardly have to go out for nozzle problems. You all schould know that a boiler that is not set with an electronic combustion tester uses at least 5% more oil and get quicker dirty and because of that loses more efficiency

Advertisement