Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Avensis Gear Problem

Options
  • 16-11-2009 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

I have an 02 avensis vvti petrol and I recently replaced the gearbox due to bearing problems.After replacing gearbox it drove perfectly for about two weeks and then with the the 1st or 2nd gear change it the morning I found it difficult to move it out of 1st gear.After this it drives perfectly all day doing up to 150 miles but its nearly always the same in the moning.ive bled the clutch system and this appears to have improved the pedal but not the problem.Any ideas.I replaced the gearbox my self so I have no one to go back to.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Have you replaced the Oil in the Transaxle? Fresh oil helps with slick shifting, Maybe the linkages are a bit worn, have you checked them?
    Possibly the new (old) box is on it's way out as well.
    I would start with a fluid change if it hasn't been done yet, and check the oil for any signs of metal.

Advertisement