Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Webmail

Options
  • 16-11-2009 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭

Hi All,

Beware of a "Phishing" attempt supposedly coming from UTV relating to Webmail changes. I have sent a copy to UTV but they don't seem to have warned users as yet so, watch out. The message contains:-

"Update Your UTVINTERNET.COM Email Now.

Dear UTVINTERNET.COM Email Owner,

This message is from UTVINTERNET.COM messaging center to all UTVINTERNET.COM Email owners. We are currently upgrading our data base and e-mail center.
    We are deleting all unused TELUS.NET email to create more space for new one.To prevent your account from closing you will have to update it below so that we will know that it's a present used account.

However UTVINTERNET.COM has been receiving complaints from our customers for unauthorised use of the UTVINTERNET.COM Email. As a result we are making an extra security check on all of our Customers mailbox in order to protect their information from theft and fraud.

Warning!!! Email owner that refuses to update his or her Email,within two days of receiving this warning will lose his or her Email permanently.

Requested Information

Username : .......... .....
    Password : ................
    Date of Birth : ................
    Country or Territory : ..........
    Mobile Telephone NUmber: ............

Thanks for your understanding and co-operation.
    Webmail Administrator.
    tech.team@cyber-wizard.com

Copyright @2009 UTVINTERNET.COM. All rights reserved."

Cheers Ae

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

UTV offer an e-mail service?
    First I knew, I've been using UTV Internet for over a year now

Its very clearly a phishing e-mail,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Cabaal wrote: »
    UTV offer an e-mail service?
    First I knew, I've been using UTV Internet for over a year now

Its very clearly a phishing e-mail,
    Agreed, phising scam.

Yep, UTV email is handy enough tbh( can have it download from POP3 also ) , it even continues when you close your account lol

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Aepos

Hi I got on to UTV admin again as they don't seem to want to warn their users about this.

The response was pathetic, It would appear that either they do not give a toss or have no procedures in place to warn users of such problems.

They just keep saying that yes it is a "Phishing" attempt and to ignore it.

Not a suitable response I feel.

Advertisement