Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kinnitty Castle this weekend?

Options
  • 16-11-2009 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone is going along to this at the weekend? I know a couple from here were there last year.
    MOST HAUNTED WEEKEND 2009
    20th - 22nd November 2009

Join Most Haunted's Richard Felix for a weekend to remember at Kinnitty Castle.

Prices starting at only €175pps including the following:
    • 2 nights luxury accommodation in Kinnitty Castle Hotel with breakfast each morning
    • Dinner both evenings in the Monks Kitchen situated in the Castle's Haunted Dungeons
    • Traditional Music Session in Dungeon Bar
    • Stories and chat with special guest Richard Felix
    • Midnight Séance
    • Tour of 3 of Ireland's Most Haunted Castles
    • Overnight Paranormal Investigation of Kinnitty Castle
    • Guided historical tour of the Slieve Bloom Mountains

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

Not me anyway, €175.00 is just a little on the steep side for me at the mo!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Yeah dont have it myself but in their defense its 2 nights B&B plus 2 dinners. I think it was €220 last year?

Oh it is a great price for what you get. There's no disputing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Sounds like a bit of fun, unfortunatly can't afford it at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 simpo

It sounds a bit touristy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Traze

Its a good price for all you get alright, If i had the few bob i would not mind going myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

touristy is ok for me as long as thats what its sold as. I like to have fun as much as the next guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

If anything its a weekend away from the city which is always good! :D

We should all try and go next year, it would be great fun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

It's not bad for what you get, to be honest. If you say that each night at the hotel is 60 each, then the mountain tour is 15, as is the castles tour, then it's another 40 for the investigation and as I read and finally you have the dinners and talk; finally you have insurance costs for the investigation. If you break down the value of the individual components you'll find that the combined cost is less than it actually costs for everything separate.

Anyway, as 6th said, touristy is fine so long as it's being sold as that. However, I don't think there's much of a profit to be made in this field, but people will try to make profit from anything anyway, so it's not limited to the paranormal alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Logan

My team investigated Kinnitty recently it is a well worth place to go lots of activity also.

Myself and Stoner did it last year. It was definately worth a look and had some good speakers there . Bit of an argument broke out too , fun night :D

Ha! Sound's good all round.. Might look into it next year :D

Advertisement