Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ceiling Speakers

Options
  • 16-11-2009 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Can anyone advise me on what the key items are in the specification of ceiling speaker. I need to purchase some for my kitchena and hall and have no idea what specification I need. However, I dont have a big budget but still want a good sound. I would pay up to €35 a speaker. Any help out there.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I would pay up to €35 a speaker. Any help out there.

My only advice is to up your budget.

What is the rest of your (proposed) system? I.e. what amplification/distribution system have you considered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Jim Quigley

I have a Sony TA_N9000ES amp with basic surround sound speakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭John mac

what about these..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

What were you thinking of driving them with? If they're just background I'd nearly be inclined to go for mono 100V speakers driven by a PA amplifier off the Tape outputs of your receiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭bob11

Can anyone advise me on what the key items are in the specification of ceiling speaker. I need to purchase some for my kitchena and hall and have no idea what specification I need. However, I dont have a big budget but still want a good sound. I would pay up to €35 a speaker. Any help out there.

Thanks.

You could try Richer Sounds ..

I bought a few in wall speakers from them, a few months ago, some of which I have ceiling mounted as well ...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055697177&page=10

Boston DSi250 In-wall speakers - 10 pairs Brand new boxed

Were £79.95

1st post at £39.95 get's a pair

If you are interested in this please post here and send an email to johnmc@richersounds.ie with your contact details and we will give you a shout tomorrow to sort out the messy details,

ATB,

John Mc

They may have some still left

• Advertisement
Advertisement